Cold Feet

beekeeper

Cold Feet

Post by beekeeper »

Question: We are doing the Brazos River next week and I'm concerned about cold feet. What do you do to minimize the feet getting too cold? My bohine is large enough to take care of itself.
wardtodd2

Re: Cold Feet

Post by wardtodd2 »

Wool socks. Wool doesn't lose its insulating properties even when wet. I usually wear soft rubber muck boots too when I'm on my yak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Since I grew big balls I never get cold feet!
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Do so-called waterproof socks or shoes keep your feet dry?
wardtodd2

Post by wardtodd2 »

I wear tall rubber boots on my yak. If you are worried about warmth wear wool socks, which retain insulation even when wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

I have not used them in a while and not even sure I can find them. I found neoprene boots helped.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magella ... 0611143--1
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Thanks. I think I will pack wool socks. I don't want to let cold feet ruin a good trip.
Captain Gorton

Re: RE: Re: Cold Feet

Post by Captain Gorton »

beekeeper wrote:Thanks. I think I will pack wool socks. I don't want to let cold feet ruin a good trip.
I also recommend wool socks, but only if I know I can keep them dry. For those trips that I'll be walking in the water or will have wet shoes, you can't beat neoprene socks! Only like $13 and they will keep your feet warm and dry.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magella ... atid=14392

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

Captain Gorton wrote:
beekeeper wrote:Thanks. I think I will pack wool socks. I don't want to let cold feet ruin a good trip.
I also recommend wool socks, but only if I know I can keep them dry. For those trips that I'll be walking in the water or will have wet shoes, you can't beat neoprene socks! Only like $13 and they will keep your feet warm and dry.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magella ... atid=14392

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
said the man who burned his shoes on camp fire ...man, where you been, haven't seen you post in alone time
Captain Gorton

Post by Captain Gorton »

larry long shadows wrote: said the man who burned his shoes on camp fire ...man, where you been, haven't seen you post in alone time
Larry! Long time. I've got to admit that I'm having trouble remembering which burnt shoe incident you are referring to. It happens to me so often :) I've been wanting to hit up the Colorado again. We talk about doing it all the time, but life keeps getting in the way. Hope all is well.

Since Larry brought up burnt shoes, I thought I would mention that is also a way to deal with cold feet. Just catch your shoes on fire. Works every time. :lol: