Goose Island Camping Trip

krfish

Goose Island Camping Trip

Post by krfish »

I'm looking to stay a few night at GISP this spring. Want to do some fishing there for a couple days. Anybody got any helpful tips. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Goose Island Camping Trip

Post by texnomad »

Reserve a site WELL in advance.
krfish

Post by krfish »

texnomad wrote:Reserve a site WELL in advance.
Will do. Thanks!

Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I have chosen in the past to reserve a water front site. The water front sites to the right have a flat wall, lots of salt spray from the waves hitting the wall. The site to the left have a sloped wall, hardly any salt spray and this side is closer to the pier and fishing grounds.
krfish

Post by krfish »

Tombo wrote:I have chosen in the past to reserve a water front site. The water front sites to the right have a flat wall, lots of salt spray from the waves hitting the wall. The site to the left have a sloped wall, hardly any salt spray and this side is closer to the pier and fishing grounds.
Thank you! I will keep that in mind.

texan4ut
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by texan4ut »

If you camp on the water the skeeters won't be as bad, if you camp away from the water be sure and have several thermocells or other skeeter repellent. If you are camping away from the water be sure and keep food locked up in your vehicle as the coons will tear up anything you have to get to the food. Don't ask me how I know lol. If you do the primitive camp sites which have water but no electricity site #205 is my favorite. Secluded and near the restroom shower facilites.