TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By DNR
Hirsch wrote:After watching the weather two days I see a 50% chance of scattered storms so I am calling the trip a go!!!

I'm a "rain or shine" type myself. We might get a shower or two, but the bulk of the rain should be Sunday afternoon.
It won't rain around here for six months, but call a River Dawg trip and it'll rain every time. :roll:
So bring some rain gear but it shouldn't be bad.

On another note, what's everybody cooking for dinner? I'm thinking shrimp tacos in an adobo verde sauce.
By Hirsch
DNR wrote:
Hirsch wrote:After watching the weather two days I see a 50% chance of scattered storms so I am calling the trip a go!!!

I'm a "rain or shine" type myself. We might get a shower or two, but the bulk of the rain should be Sunday afternoon.
It won't rain around here for six months, but call a River Dawg trip and it'll rain every time. :roll:
So bring some rain gear but it shouldn't be bad.

On another note, what's everybody cooking for dinner? I'm thinking shrimp tacos in an adobo verde sauce.

I will be lazy this time and go Mountain House since I still have some on hand.
By Cruisin_Cuda
the weather looks good enough to gamble on now so i'll go ahead and count myself in. a little rain will actually just keep us cool :lol: looking forward to seeing yall again, it's been a couple of years now at least :oops:
By Hirsch
The river banks as well as all those huge boulders have seen considerable rearrangement. The island had been scoured and the open area is higher, but reduced in size. There is more firewood than ever. Several of the islands downstream are larger and suitable for small group camping.

I have not been to Hog Island but am told the beach and open area on the upstream end has disappeared to the woodline. It was deposited at the lower end of the island and is back to the 4' banks we knew when we first used it.

No one signed up, lousy weather

I assume I can still launch at Palm Harbor bulkhe[…]

Cooler SIZE survey

I worked on a peltier cooler as an RA. We had a c[…]

I'm topping this just so people planning trips for[…]