First aid kits ?

larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

First aid kits ?

Post by larry long shadows »

I need to buy another first aid kit and need suggestions on a good one .. here's a site I have been lookin at but thought i would ck with yall first
https://www.cheaperthandirt.net/categor ... ock_b=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: First aid kits ?

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I put together my own based on wilderness first aid courses I've taken. Most important things are bandages of various sizes, a good wrap, ibuprofen, Benadryl, cold compress, dressings, alcohol swabs, triple action antibiotic ointment, nitrol gloves, and tape. Maybe tweezers and shears too. It's far cheaper to make your own and you can make several with the stuff you buy (1 for car, home, kayak, office, etc). I don't bring super duper CPR masks, stitching materials or blood clotter with me when I'm not out on longer trips/remote places since I'll likely bring myself or anyone else to a hospital before trying to reattach their finger or leg and a cpr barrier can be made with a plastic bag. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

I think that's a great way to go .. they always give you a stuff you never use Thanks
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

I carry the REI Backpacker Weekend first aide kit.
Yakfoot

Post by Yakfoot »

I make up my own with stuff I know I will use or really might need. I have always been amazed at how much odd stuff all the pre packaged kits have I have reviewed. I put it all in a tupperware container with a good tight lid.