Planning a Camping/Fishing Trip for 11-20-15 & Need help

Overkill

Planning a Camping/Fishing Trip for 11-20-15 & Need help

Post by Overkill »

Alright guys and gals, I am planning a fishing/camping trip for 11-20-15. I want to take my wife to fish under the Galveston Causeway, and was trying to find a place to camp on Friday Evening. My plan is to get to Galveston early Friday morning and put in at Louis Bait Camp off of 45. Then we are going to camp somewhere (that's what I need help with), then head over to Sea Wolf Park on Saturday to try for some Flounder.

I am going to check tomorrow to see if Louis Bait Camp offers tent camping, but I have a feeling that they do not. My second option is to drive out to Pelican Island Friday night after we get done fishing at the causeway and pitch a tent on the beach close to sea wolf park. I looked online for information about Pelican Island and camping there, however there is very little information about the island or its governing policies.

Does anyone know of a good place that offers Tent camping (possibly with water and electricity) that is close to Sea Wolf Park or Bayou Vista?

Thanks for your help and advice in advance!

Brock

PS: Has anyone put in at Pelican Island? If so, where is the best place to put in, and how did you get there?
ThePopinCorkKid

Re: Planning a Camping/Fishing Trip for 11-20-15 & Need help

Post by ThePopinCorkKid »

The only place that I know of for camping is Galveston Island state park, but it is a good drive from were you would like to fish. The fishing around GISP is pretty decent especially this time of year.
Overkill

Re: Planning a Camping/Fishing Trip for 11-20-15 & Need help

Post by Overkill »

GISP is nice. The campsites could use lights, but meh. The fishing (most likely due to wind) sucks!