Need more advice...(location)

Bad Luck Guy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Need more advice...(location)

Post by Bad Luck Guy »

You have have been helpful in the past with gear lists, brand names, campsites and so on so here I am again. I want to head out some weekend in April. I have some of your locations in mind. Which campsites are better for this time of year? I don't think we've ever spoken on when each site is best by times of the year. Some sites are beautiful but water too cold to fool with and not much else to do. I want to take the little ones (7 and 4) and the wife out. I imagine the water is probably pretty cold anywhere to swim. Hiking would be good but the 4 year old can't go long before he's gonna want to get carried. Bank fishing is fine or I could bring kayaks if necessary. As far as location, within 3 hours of Houston as far as San Antonio, Austin or Dallas is fine. Scenery is always a plus. We're gonna give tent camping a go as a family. Got a new 10 person Coleman Insta-tent. Thanks all.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Need more advice...(location)

Post by texnomad »

For a fit for all your criteria, I vote for my favorite when I had a wife and kids.....Birch Creek State Park on Lake Somerville. Bring your own drinking water because the drinking water there is high sulfur content and NASTY to taste.
fisher of people

Post by fisher of people »

Huntsville would also be a good option. Definitely ought to be some decent fishing, nice campsites, good hiking, nice scenery. It's a great place for family camping.
Bad Luck Guy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Bad Luck Guy »

Thanks guys. I'll be looking into both of those tomorrow. If you come up with any more just holler.