TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...


By beekeeper
#2121323
I've decided to check late today and if the severe storm chances lessen considerably, then I'll go.
I've been watching the forecasts from three Austin TV stations.
User avatar
By Firefly49
#2121361
I hear ya' Beekeeper! My gut feeling is saying no.... yet I've already checked the weather forecasts a couple times just hoping for a little change since I'm still pretty much packed and ready to go. I've really been looking forward to the trip and doing this stretch of the CR. Sigh. I have a feeling whatever decision I make will end up being the wrong one, hahahahaha!
By beekeeper
#2121368
I think we will definitely encounter a thunderstorm. I don't think the river will get on a big rise, and I don't think we would get more than about an inch of rain. What concerns me the most is lightning. You know, we could get out at the 969 bridge if we appear to be in a pickle. That would allow us to take it a day at a time. Paul could hitch a ride into town while we wait for him.
User avatar
By DNR
#2121384
beekeeper wrote:I think we will definitely encounter a thunderstorm. I don't think the river will get on a big rise, and I don't think we would get more than about an inch of rain. What concerns me the most is lightning. You know, we could get out at the 969 bridge if we appear to be in a pickle. That would allow us to take it a day at a time. Paul could hitch a ride into town while we wait for him.


I like that idea, "see ya when you get back with the truck Paul". :lol:

It's looking better as the days gone on. It won't be dangerous, not enough rain for big rise.
I'm ready for an adventure. Let's go people. :mrgreen:
User avatar
By Hirsch
#2121399
The forecast seems to be improving yet. We have all made trips with rain. My concern has not been rain, but lightning and the severity of storms forecast has declined dramatically. DNR and I have conferred and decided it is No guts, no glory!!!.

I will meet him in the morning at Fisherman's Park so we can leave one vehicle (creating a guard) and them meet everyone going at Big Webberville Park as soon after 8:00 as possible. I would like to have everyone except the guard back at Fisherman's Park at 9:00.
User avatar
By Chief Brody
#2121400
Best of luck folks - I hope it turns out to be a spectacular trip. Please share some pics with us.

Rain or shine, I guarantee you will be having a better Friday than me. Next trip - I'm in.
By beekeeper
#2121416
Paul, I'm going to weenie out. We are getting hammered with heavy rain and winds right now. I just checked Austin TV stations and was not encouraged. Good luck on your trip.

Prof. Salt also obeys all the game laws and limit[…]

Most Reliable Tide Charts

Where can i find the most accurate tide informatio[…]

Looking for shrimp

Ron, I get your point that a person won’t necessar[…]

Titan 10.5

Titan 10.5 , 2018 , used about 8 times fresh wate[…]