Colorado River Open Invite

beekeeper

Re: Colorado River Open Invite

Post by beekeeper »

I've decided to check late today and if the severe storm chances lessen considerably, then I'll go.
I've been watching the forecasts from three Austin TV stations.
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

I hear ya' Beekeeper! My gut feeling is saying no.... yet I've already checked the weather forecasts a couple times just hoping for a little change since I'm still pretty much packed and ready to go. I've really been looking forward to the trip and doing this stretch of the CR. Sigh. I have a feeling whatever decision I make will end up being the wrong one, hahahahaha!
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

I think we will definitely encounter a thunderstorm. I don't think the river will get on a big rise, and I don't think we would get more than about an inch of rain. What concerns me the most is lightning. You know, we could get out at the 969 bridge if we appear to be in a pickle. That would allow us to take it a day at a time. Paul could hitch a ride into town while we wait for him.
DNR

Post by DNR »

beekeeper wrote:I think we will definitely encounter a thunderstorm. I don't think the river will get on a big rise, and I don't think we would get more than about an inch of rain. What concerns me the most is lightning. You know, we could get out at the 969 bridge if we appear to be in a pickle. That would allow us to take it a day at a time. Paul could hitch a ride into town while we wait for him.
I like that idea, "see ya when you get back with the truck Paul". :lol:

It's looking better as the days gone on. It won't be dangerous, not enough rain for big rise.
I'm ready for an adventure. Let's go people. :mrgreen:
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

The forecast seems to be improving yet. We have all made trips with rain. My concern has not been rain, but lightning and the severity of storms forecast has declined dramatically. DNR and I have conferred and decided it is No guts, no glory!!!.

I will meet him in the morning at Fisherman's Park so we can leave one vehicle (creating a guard) and them meet everyone going at Big Webberville Park as soon after 8:00 as possible. I would like to have everyone except the guard back at Fisherman's Park at 9:00.
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

Best of luck folks - I hope it turns out to be a spectacular trip. Please share some pics with us.

Rain or shine, I guarantee you will be having a better Friday than me. Next trip - I'm in.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

I just confirmed the shuttle for 1 to 3 passengers.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Paul, I'm going to weenie out. We are getting hammered with heavy rain and winds right now. I just checked Austin TV stations and was not encouraged. Good luck on your trip.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Gears packed, meals are made... You tell em I'm comin..... And hell's comin with me!!! 7:30 am at big Webb!