Colorado River Open Invite

beekeeper

Re: Colorado River Open Invite

Post by beekeeper »

Is there a meeting place for Thursday evening, April 9, where we can stay the night?
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Time to start getting a head count for arranging the shuttle. Right now I have as probables BeeKeeper, CruisinPungo, DNR, Firefly and myself. If everyone will reconfirm I will appreciate it and there is still time for others to join in. I will be watching the weather closely in the meantime.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

I'm in.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Keep an eye on this as you plan and pack your gear. Also there is a good chance of no firewood the first night so plan to dress for cool weather.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/bastro ... 5744?day=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNR

Post by DNR »

I'll be there and looking forward to it.
I've been watching the weather, the forecast has changed three times this morning though. We should have a good idea of what it'll be by Wednesday. Bring some rain gear, it shouldn't be enough to hurt anything but it will probably rain some during the trip.
BlackRifle

Post by BlackRifle »

You folks have fun!

I have to work! :oops:
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Call in sick, LOL. No, not really.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Looks like a fun trip, but I'm not going to be able to make it. I'll have to live vicariously through your trip reports. Hope y'all have a great time!

Rodney
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

i'm still in! i don't mind a little rain while we're there but if it's raining this week i'm not going to waste my only kitchen pass! especially if it'll turn into another salad trip!
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

Yep...you know me.....it all depends on how the weather looks for the trip. As of now, I haven't decided whether I'll make the 3 hr drive that morning, or stay at the Hobo Camp on Thursday night. Either way I'll be paddling on little sleep because of my night owl tendencies, lol!
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

I too am watching the weather. If there is not the heavy stuff, then I'm good. I guess we'll just have to watch and see what happens. How about you others?
DNR

Post by DNR »

beekeeper wrote:I too am watching the weather. If there is not the heavy stuff, then I'm good. I guess we'll just have to watch and see what happens. How about you others?
I don't think there's going to be anything heavy. Local stations are forecasting 30%-40% right now. Doesn't like a lot of rain at any one time and shouldn't effect the river much. The forecast is still changing every time I look, going to have to wait a few days to see what the trend is going to be.

I'm starting to pack stuff up myself.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

The forecast is getting better. It looks like 5 people right now. Does anyone have a passenger to watch equipment?

I will start calling shuttle services tomorrow or Wednesday.
Datchew

Post by Datchew »

Pm sent. Text or call tomorrow if me and the lad can catch the group at 969.
sleepyTX

Post by sleepyTX »

Just an fyi...
Fished at Plum this morning. The river has cleared up a lot with clear green to about 3'. Action was OK with a TX rig or bottom gig with a craw
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Thanks Sleepy. Datchew I sent a reply.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

My cell # is 817-897-1799 in case we need to consult kayak to kayak -Kayak 3 to kayak 4, over
jackh

Post by jackh »

Wish I could join. I hit the river last weekend and we didn't get any rain but the fishing was pretty slow. Yall could stay in Bastrop SP Thursday night, just an idea.
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

Well.........I'm sitting here going through all the weather forecast sites before I go back out to the garage to finish sorting my gear and decide whether I drive over tomorrow night or early Fri. (Sigh) Weather Channel forecasts 80-90% thunderstorms/rain thru weekend for Bastrop. Weatherbug shows 50% each day. Accuweather is 60% Fri night & Sat. Weather.gov is 50%. And they all show winds in different directions 10-15 mph & gusts, lol. Flip a coin!
DNR

Post by DNR »

Spring weather, you never know. The local stations are showing 50%-60% "on and off showers" with the heaviest stuff on Sunday, mostly latter. Lately we've been getting less rain than forecasted.
Friday looks pretty good and early Sat. We could do one night if we wanted to avoid Sunday.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

I have talked to Bastrop River Company today and am waiting for a call back to confirm details.

Tentatively they are scheduled to pick up 3-4 of our members at Fisherman's park between 9:00 and 10:00 Friday morning delivering them to Big Weberville Park. He has another party going to FM 969 and he will combine both dropping the other party off on the way. He quoted $40.00 to run out party. I will contact members of our group to arrange a guard for equipment at the park.

Right now I have DNR, Firefly, Beekeeper, Cruisin Pungo and myself
Firefly49

Post by Firefly49 »

I've been on the fence all afternoon until I came back in and did the round of checking the different sites & Austin/Bastrop stations. They're all different in their predictions, lol!!!! Regardless, I'm going to figure those sites into the equation that increase it up to 90% with possible severe/strong thunderstorms (Fri). I don't mind getting a little wet on these trips -- but the possibility of the whole 3 days of it would be a bummer, lol. Since I have the yak down and gear ready, I may just plan on maybe doing a day-trip nearby if the weather is decent around here.

Sorry guys......I'll check the forecasts again in the morning to see if they change again and then make a definitive decision....otherwise I'll see ya' on the next CR trip!

http://weather.kvue.com/cgi-bin/findwea ... Bastrop,TX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Foreca ... n=USTX0082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://kxan.com/weather/forecast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

I ask that everyone be at Big Webberville Park unloaded and ready to shuttle a little after 8:00 so we can get organized and start the shuttle.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

I have decided to chicken out and not go on the trip. I'm watching the local forecasts for the Austin area and there is too much chance of strong storms. If you decide not to go, I'll reschedule with you for most anytime.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

this isn't looking pretty....i'll check again this evening and make the call. i can't waste my last kitchen pass of the year to be soaked for two days and dodging trees in the river!