Any experience on the Llano?

jackh

Any experience on the Llano?

Post by jackh »

I am thinking of doing an overnight trip from the city park to FM 385 or 2nd crossing to South Llano River State Park or the bridge in town. Anybody familiar with these stretches? Will flows likely be ok this spring or will I be dragging the whole time? I was planning to sleep on a gravel bar somewhere along the way. Thanks for any advice.

http://www.junctiontexas.net/pdf/River%20Map.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.38.13 PM.png
fisher of people

Re: Any experience on the Llano?

Post by fisher of people »

I've never done the float from City Park to 385, but I'd love to one day. I've floated the stretch between the second crossing and the state park quite a few times, it is a fabulous stretch of river which always has plenty of water. I've never had any difficulty finding good sandbars to camp on.
uplandrun

Post by uplandrun »

I lived in Harper from 97 through 02. My son and I used to take a flat bottom and troll up from 385 until we ran out of battery then float back down. Caught lots of Bass back then. I always wanted to float my yak from Junction down to 385. Me and some guys that I can get together normally do a spring float on the Llano from the first bridge above the State Park in Junction down to the state park, this is about a 6-7 hour float. We normally wait until the Llano gets some rain and spikes then we wait a week and get on it. I live in Kerrville and it is only an hour drive. Best to wait until the Llano gets a run off from a rain. Next weekend should be great.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Is late May/early June too hot for that place?