TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By sleepyTX
I am in the process of setting up an overnighter for the Plum to La Grange run. So far it myself and up to 4 friends but the more the merrier. This is a nice section with a couple of class one rapids, a deep creek and some impressive cliffs. Last November the fishing was excellent.
By sleepyTX
We will self shuttle. I plan for everyone to meet at Plum Park at a time to be decided later, but probably somewhere around 8 am. We will then run the pick up vehicles into La Grange while someone watches the gear and boats.
By sleepyTX
Waiting to see what the weather is going to do Looks like we have 7 people signed up to go. Barring a real heavy rain event the trip is a a go. I wnt nd looked at the river last weekend and it has started to lear up. I am going to try and get out next Monday and check the clarity and bite.
By steven7
It was a great weekend! The weather could not have been better for tent camping. The water clarity has a ways to go, but was better than I expected. The fishing was fairly slow to bad for the group as a whole. I got skunked on Saturday and fished very little on Sunday. The weather made me want to explore beaches and islands a little more. SleepyTX and his friend Tim stayed dilligent as anglers and scratched out a few each day. One of the best camping trips I've been on, just wished we stayed longer. I will try to post some pics but have had trouble downloading in the past here.
By sleepyTX
For some reason I didn't take many pictures this time.

Don't worry Steve it is early yet and you will shake the skunk soon.

Larry, Nice to meet you and glad you made it.

Texas Aggie '14 wrote:How safe is it to leave your vehicle parked at the boat ramp in la grange? Would yall recommend leaving one there overnight?

very safe thats what we did we also left one at Plum Park..
GTown Surf

Good work!!!

Kayak appropriate Bruce-style anchor with galvaniz[…]

Hello everyone. My brother and I are heading down […]

Some good looking stringers. I'm heading down the[…]