Colorado River Dawgs 4th Annual Fall Run

t100

Re: Colorado River Dawgs 4th Annual Fall Run

Post by t100 »

Had a blast! Really enjoyed staying at bluebonnet the night before. Made Saturday morning MUCH easier.
Hey Ed, I'll pm you my email address to get that bass pic.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I had a very good time. It has definitely been too long since I last paddled, whatever muscles I used to have, don't exist anymore. With all of that paddling, my arms were so sore, on the drive home I could barely lift my arms to adjust the radio!

While we did have a bit of light rain/drizzle, it was only for a few hours. It didn't keep us from enjoying a fire. I did have to spread out some of my gear when I got home to dry out. Haven't even come close to getting everything put away yet, had to come to work today! :)
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

I hear ya' Rodney -- only it was my thigh's & low back that let me know I did something different, lol. I'm such a "flatlander" that my steep drive & two steps into the house is the only additional exercise I get. Dragging gear up and down, bending over & unsteady walking over the uneven gravel, rocks and sand. I HATE getting old & out of shape -- (and hate the thought of doing something about it, lol!!! Gear is thrown in the garage due to opportunity of more fun. Heading out for the experience to sail the lake with a new acquaintance & his new sailboat!! We made a deal -- I take him kayaking... and he shows me about sailing. Too cool!
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Re: Colorado River Dawgs 4th Annual Fall Run - (PHOTO'S ADDED)

Post by Firefly49 »

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/lynne ... all%20Trip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well.....THAT was fun. Learning Photobucket was not exactly a snap for this tech-challenged old lady --- and my new iPhone 6 has glitches cause it won't send email and the few pic's I snapped won't go to iCloud. Ugh.

It was quite fun re-living the events of the trip while transferring the photos, though! One of my fav's is the "comfort" fishing set-up that Eric and Aaron perched on their rock, lol.

Looking forward to seeing a few more posted up!

.......and no, for those of you who may not be familiar with our Dawg, Milret, that isn't a "shrine" erected at camp. He is alive and happily retired with his wife in Turkey, lol. Our group just wasn't quite the same without his dry, witty sense of humor and his gadgets of glow lights, rubber duckies and whatever else he could come up with. So John.... you got to go along on this trip after all, lol!
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

You did good great Pictures Lynn :clap:
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

Looks like you all had a great time. Sorry I could not make it. Work is really getting in the way of my outdoor activities lately.

I will be leading a trip from Little Webberville to Bastrop Dec 31-Jan2 or Jan 2-4 in case some of you want to join me.

SYOTW,

Earl

Post by 122002 »

Guys and Gal,

It was a fantastic trip. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next trip. Lynne thanks for posting the link to the pics! Jason, thanks for the tips!
Firefly49

Post by Firefly49 »

122002 wrote:Guys and Gal,

It was a fantastic trip. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next trip. Lynne thanks for posting the link to the pics! Jason, thanks for the tips!

You're welcome. I love the pic I got of you and your friend perched in comfort on your rock, lol! Look forward to seeing y'all on future trips...plus you'll have opportunities to meet some of the Dawg's that didn't make it this time!!!
Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Harold Ray »

Those were great pictures; looks like it was a great trip.
bassTaco

Post by bassTaco »

I love that trail on the Lower Colorado River. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing the photos. I am actually planning to do this trip soon with my co-workers. We normally take-out on Bob Bryant park. Can you park your vehicles overnight on Fisherman's park. Would prefer Fisherman's Park as the take-out because the ramp is not steep like at Bob Byrant park.

Thanks,
Rick
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

We usually park over night and multi-nights at Fisherman's Park with no issues. If you wish you can call the Bastrop police, give them tag numbers and they will keep an eye on them.
bassTaco

Post by bassTaco »

Thank you Hirsch! Will definetly do that.

Regards,
Rick