Keep N hot

larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Keep N hot

Post by larry long shadows »

hey what termos do you guys use.. I had one years ago that worked great.. I have two Stanleys..i got cheap at a thrift and I'm really not happy with them.. they are stainless inside .. I think the glass ones work better ..??? Thanks in advance
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Keep N hot

Post by Hirsch »

Glass works better but I was always breaking them.
uplandrun

Post by uplandrun »

I also had an old Stanley that did not work. I broke a good glass one that I had. I recently bought a new Stanley that works great from walley world
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

uplandrun wrote:I also had an old Stanley that did not work. I broke a good glass one that I had. I recently bought a new Stanley that works great from walley world
I'll give them another try maybe that is why it was at a thrift store it looks brand new I put hot water in first but it just want stay hot long..
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

My wife just bought a new one. It worked fine for a few hours Saturday morning duck hunting, but I will not say until I test it a bit more.
johnboy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by johnboy »

I have one of the old stanleys I got back in the early 80s that keeps coffee hot hot. Ill sell it for the first 200 bucks!
fisher of people

Post by fisher of people »

There was a recent article, I think it was in Field and Stream, that rated stainless steel thermoses, and as I recall, Stanley was by far the best, as far as keeping things hot. It is always important, especially with steel, to preheat the thermos.
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

fisher of people wrote:There was a recent article, I think it was in Field and Stream, that rated stainless steel thermoses, and as I recall, Stanley was by far the best, as far as keeping things hot. It is always important, especially with steel, to preheat the thermos.
I always pre heat them and one thing I have noticed is the outside is hot also a old lunch box thermoses I had was never hot on outside .. and stayed hot all day I think I'm going back to glass..
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

larry long shadows wrote:
fisher of people wrote:There was a recent article, I think it was in Field and Stream, that rated stainless steel thermoses, and as I recall, Stanley was by far the best, as far as keeping things hot. It is always important, especially with steel, to preheat the thermos.
I always pre heat them and one thing I have noticed is the outside is hot also a old lunch box thermoses I had was never hot on outside .. and stayed hot all day I think I'm going back to glass..
I do believe that glass is the best in heat/cold retention. Also you can buy replacement insert, or could at one time. Just do not drop or jostle it. They are pretty fragile.
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

All I know is that a Blonde friend of mine bought one claiming it would keep hot things hot and cold things cold. I asked her what she put in it and she said " 2 cups of coffee and 2 scoops of ice cream".
:mrgreen:
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

ok I'm going to try this says 12hrs hot and the stainless are 6 hrs http://www.thermos.com/products/add-a-c ... ottle.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
t100

Post by t100 »

I've read that the older ones have a better grade char coal (?) for insulation. I can second that. I had a Stanley and it was bad a. Then over time it stopped keeping my coffee hot, then warm to I could not drink it fast enough to have even Luke warm coffee. I'm talking pre heat at 6 am and cold coffee by 8:30......in the summer. Like craftsman, Stanley has a lifetime warranty. So now I have a new lunchbox (broken handle), thermos and mug. I will wear them out as long as they will honor the warranty.
KarlSpeed

Post by KarlSpeed »

I found mine absolutely unexpected. I just planed my long distance trip and I thought it would be cool to have thermos with me. Anyway, I just started to look for some infomation about good containers to keep food hot in the internet and bought the first one. Just for fun! But I use it for 5 years now! Maybe it was a destiny. I don't that those ones with glass will work better. Especially if you travel. You can easily break it even at home, not even speaking about trips.