TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By milret
bowgarguide wrote:Cant commit for sure but it is looking good for that weekend.
Ya,ll have to promise to leave the rat traps home
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron

This has the makings of a geriatric reunion. Only us old folks.
milret wrote:
Ron

Me and my wife will be there to avg it out some :wink:
By milret
CamoBassProwler13 wrote:
milret wrote:
Ron

Me and my wife will be there to avg it out some :wink:

Nope. We will make you honorary Senior Citizens. Easy to do: moan and groan when walk and getting up. Pass gas alot. Things like that.
my wife decided she was going to sit this one out so I'm a maybe for both days and definitely still in for the overnighter. I can't decide to finally just bring a couple of flyrods or stick with the baitcasters. usually when I bring both it ends up in disaster but I'm afraid that if the water is real stained that the flies won't work...
Hirsch wrote:Well join us Wayne

Haha from the sound of it, I'd be half everyone's age (26). :lol:

I'll try to see what I can do, it's a little soon for me but see if I can take the time out for it. I would definitely be up for the extra day.

What kind of costs are there for the shuttle/parking? And how easy of a paddle would it be on a novice paddler?
waynewilson417 wrote:

I'll try to see what I can do, it's a little soon for me but see if I can take the time out for it. I would definitely be up for the extra day.

What kind of costs are there for the shuttle/parking? And how easy of a paddle would it be on a novice paddler?

I'm 26 too, so don't worry about it! This is a great crew that's signed up to go on this trip and we always have a blast! if we self shuttle it will just be a little gas and a couple more miles.

ohh and i've got the U12 loaded down and everything's ready to go except for food and clothes!
Last edited by Cruisin_Cuda on Wed May 15, 2013 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CamoBassProwler13 wrote:
waynewilson417 wrote:

I'm 26 too, so don't worry about it! This is a great crew that's signed up to go on this trip and we always have a blast! if we self shuttle it will just be a little gas and a couple more miles but if we use cooks i think it's 10 bucks a person.

ohh and i've got the U12 loaded down and everything's ready to go except for food and clothes!

That's not bad at all, I just want to make sure I keep enough cash on me. I'm about 80% sure ill be able to make this trip. I hope my yak will be able to hold everything for the for the trip :lol:
By rodloos
milret wrote:some cannot pee at night without hitting someones tent.

Remind me to pitch my tent well away from yours :mrgreen: :) .

I probably need to be off by myself anyway, the last few campouts I've been on, my neighbors have told me I was talking in my sleep and laughing, sure hope I don't have any embarrassing dreams :oops: .

It's going to be a challenge to get back from camping with my daughter on that Friday before, get things cleaned out / swapped for kayak-camping gear, and head back out, but it will be worth it.

milret wrote: Yep, we are just few good ole boys.

waitaminute!!! Firefly's coming too isn't she? :)
By milret
rodloos wrote:
milret wrote:some cannot pee at night without hitting someones tent.

Remind me to pitch my tent well away from yours :mrgreen: :) .

I probably need to be off by myself anyway, the last few campouts I've been on, my neighbors have told me I was talking in my sleep and laughing, sure hope I don't have any embarrassing dreams :oops: .

It's going to be a challenge to get back from camping with my daughter on that Friday before, get things cleaned out / swapped for kayak-camping gear, and head back out, but it will be worth it.

milret wrote: Yep, we are just few good ole boys.

waitaminute!!! Firefly's coming too isn't she? :)

Firefly is coming also. She is one of the good ole gals but has the same attributes. She is also bringing her grandson which means we will have to be somewhat civil. HA!
new rig matagorda?!

Is it actually "new" or one you just not[…]

One Trout Made This Trip

Cool. Kids excitement will make them not focus on […]

Unfortunately you missed the ACK events this fall.[…]

Mono or braid for flounder?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2019[…]