River camping with CHL

muncheese

Re: River camping with CHL

Post by muncheese »

if you record, you make things more dense. if you can handle it go for it, its not for everyone, and it takes practice. its best to have a hidden camera, but thats a little creepy... just saying they do come in handy. be safe everyone!
muncheese

Post by muncheese »

Last edited by muncheese on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

muncheese wrote:if you record, you make things more dense. if you can handle it go for it, its not for everyone, and it takes practice. its best to have a hidden camera, but thats a little creepy... just saying they do come in handy. be safe everyone!
Personally,i record EVERYTHING. One on the dash and one on seat. Paranoid? No, just protecting myself , and others that i record. After facing accusations from corrupt cop land neighbor was able to show he lied with my video. Police believe and protect their own first. Know your rights. Ignore your rights and they will go away. Just sayin..... :horse:
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

BOPGUNNER wrote:Not wanting to start this up again. But please don't use that attitude with a Texas Game Warden. They don't play, and they have the right to talk and ask you anything anytime. You are right about innocent till proven guilty. But it may take a while. And a lot of money.Just my opinion.
Respect, yes. Submissive, Hell no. And you have the right to say nada. :|
jackh

Post by jackh »

So lets say I am doing a camping trip on the LCR, is it legal to pack? What about the Devils River?
t100

Post by t100 »

jackh wrote:So lets say I am doing a camping trip on the LCR, is it legal to pack? What about the Devils River?
Yes......as long as your not trespassing. :)
swhacker125

Post by swhacker125 »

Hirsch wrote:Corps of Engineers is The Army Corps of Engineers and the lakes are federal property falling under federal statute.. It is the same as entering a military base. You are dealing with Federal statute which supersedes state law.
Most C.O.E. let you carry a shotgun if there is a hunting season for the use of the shotgun. Get a hunting permit from their office (usually free) and just plan your trips when your allowed to do so with a shotgun.
muncheese

Post by muncheese »

jackh wrote:So lets say I am doing a camping trip on the LCR, is it legal to pack? What about the Devils River?
This post was edited because of language.
Moderater
muncheese

Post by muncheese »

whatever i said it couldnt have been that bad and it was helpful information to the person i directed my message toward, censor the word not the entire post, Effin Jerk

(If you have a problem with a mod take it to a pm or contact Stubs) Read the posting rules!
muncheese

Post by muncheese »

It is illegal for anyone to search you without probable cause, you should carry anytime your out in the wild. you could be kidnapped or worse...
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

There have been many who set out to prove a point and spent tens of thousands to prove a point in the legal system. A few have won. Most just lost legal fees, fines, and possibly gave a little community service or prison time.
puddler

Post by puddler »

Here's something I learned recently that may be helpful:

Trespassing is a class c misdemeanor , trespassing with a weapon is a felony. Since the gradient boundary can only be determined by a surveyor it's best to leave any firearm in the boat ( if you feel the need to carry). Not a problem if you are camping on private property with permission.
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Post by hipshot »

JRB-USMC wrote:I am a CHL Instructor for the state of Texas and I have read the CHL-16 (CHL laws book) several times (well over 100). I have never seen anything that makes it illegal for you to carry while on Army Corps of Engineers property. The state actually passed a bill within the last two years that allows you to carry on state property if you have a CHL. If you ask someone who works at the state park, they will tell you that you cant carry but that is incorrect. If they don't have a proper 30.06 sign, then you can carry! I have already bought a nice Serpa holster and I plan to mount it in the dry storage area of the Jackson Cuda when I pick it up tomorrow. I will carry with the first two rounds of the magazine being shot-shells so I don't have to worry about those slithery creatures that always seem to try and come aboard!!! Feel free to write me with any questions that you may have in regards to CHL's and I will do my bext to steer you in the right direction!

James
WOW!!!! I just read all this. JRB-USMC, normally I would address a post such as this with a PM, but because you have so enthusiastically displayed your ignorance, and because someone here might be gullible enough to believe that you actually know what you are talking about, I'll go public with this:

As a CHL instructor you have a responsibility to know and understand the laws that affect armed citizens. What you are doing here is incredibly irresponsible. I would advise you to surrender your Instructor's Certificate or educate yourself. Do one or the other, but do it immediately. Perhaps you had an instructor who was as ignorant of the laws as you; that's doubtful but possible. But it's no excuse to continue to teach untruths yourself. I don't know who you are, but if I did I would strongly reccomend that anyone considering taking a class from you not throw away their money. Texas' CHL program may not be perfect, but it's better than many. Don't lower the standards just because you aren't willing to fulfil your obligation as an instructor.
muncheese

Post by muncheese »

puddler wrote:Here's something I learned recently that may be helpful:

Trespassing is a class c misdemeanor , trespassing with a weapon is a felony. Since the gradient boundary can only be determined by a surveyor it's best to leave any firearm in the boat ( if you feel the need to carry). Not a problem if you are camping on private property with permission.

Simple solution dont bring you gun where you see a sign that says private property, or have been advised the property is private. Just use your brain you big dummy. If you caught trespassing you're usually given a warning and they dont usually search you or your belongings. IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE RAPED OR KIDNAPPED, BRING YOUR GUN! AT LEAST YOU HAVE A CHANCE
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Post by hipshot »

"trespassing with a weapon is a felony."

Actually, it's a Class A Misdemeanor.
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by hipshot »

I've been trying to resist this, but since I'm back on here, I might as well just go ahead and ask:

muncheese, are you for real? What ever led you to believe that you are qualified to dispense legal advice? And what comic book are you getting your legal "(un)facts" out of?

I sincerely hope nobody here is naive enough to take you or JRB-USMC seriously. Wow...............
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

He isnt here anymore.
Ron
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by hipshot »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
t100

Post by t100 »

Is this thread finally gettng tucked in to bed and put to rest? :horse:
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »