TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...


User avatar
By Hirsch
#1820460
milret wrote:That is a Thurs, Fri, Sat. Cannot do that one, me no banker hours.


There is a reason I should not post at 2:30 in the morning. That should be Friday to Sunday, October 12-14. :oops:
By milret
#1820498
Hirsch wrote:
milret wrote:That is a Thurs, Fri, Sat. Cannot do that one, me no banker hours.


There is a reason I should not post at 2:30 in the morning. That should be Friday to Sunday, October 12-14. :oops:

Why would a sane individual want to post at 2:30 A.M. As of now I am in for a show time of Friday evening around 6ish.
User avatar
By Gutter Girl
#1820506
Darn it! I've never been there but it is on my list of state parks I want to visit. Unfortunately that's the weekend I return from my sisters' camping trip.

However, I do appreciate the invite!!!

GG
By milret
#1820729
86cowboy wrote:Count me in. As I recall State Park has a Confederate cemetary and is in the East Texas area.

Nope,it is in Mexia.
User avatar
By Hirsch
#1820760
John, if you go t0 my second link it is nothing but pictures og the park.

It is between Waco and Fairfield off I35 and I45; or to put a finer point it is between Mexia and Groesbeck.
User avatar
By Hirsch
#1820761
milret wrote:
Hirsch wrote:
milret wrote:That is a Thurs, Fri, Sat. Cannot do that one, me no banker hours.


There is a reason I should not post at 2:30 in the morning. That should be Friday to Sunday, October 12-14. :oops:

Why would a sane individual want to post at 2:30 A.M. As of now I am in for a show time of Friday evening around 6ish.


John, I typically go to bed 2:00 Am and get up at 6:30.
User avatar
By Hirsch
#1820779
86cowboy wrote:Count me in. As I recall State Park has a Confederate cemetary and is in the East Texas area.


Welcome. be sure and make reservations early.
By hardybaker
#1821182
I can't resist "an open invite." I am a probable for this event. We have had good rains up here so I am going to bring wood for a campfire.
User avatar
By Hirsch
#1821229
hardybaker wrote:I can't resist "an open invite." I am a probable for this event. We have had good rains up here so I am going to bring wood for a campfire.


Welcome. You might PM 86Cowboy and see if he wants to split a site. There is a 2 tent max per site. Ask for sight near Keira Quam. The wood is welcome. I will also try to bring some wood if I have room.
By milret
#1823494
So far I am still in, but 86Cowboy just bombed out. FireFly is trying to find a babysitter for her dog.
Woodchucks are chuckin and the Hounddogs are howlin.
By Troutless
#1823609
Sounds like fun but have other commitments that weekend.
I've been looking for you guys on the freshwater and now I see wher you guys moved.
By milret
#1823646
Troutless wrote:Sounds like fun but have other commitments that weekend.
I've been looking for you guys on the freshwater and now I see wher you guys moved.

We are like a Hobo, move around alot.
By hardybaker
#1825120
Are we still on for this weekend? Hirsch, are you staying in the primitive camping area? Did they assign you a site number, or is that to be determined? I will probably get there shortly after noon. Hardy
User avatar
By Hirsch
#1825137
It is still on. I hope to be there about 5:00. I will be in a white mazda pickup with a red SinK. Kayak Q made reservations for two sites which will allow 4 tents. They will be in the name of Keira Quam.I will take my 10x12 in case we have to double up on a tent to stay withing the tent limit. The limit of people is 16 on two sites.

My thoughts on this issue. 1. I want to be there[…]

We are starting to plan a trip to the Rockport are[…]

Dashboard bar on Kestrel

I would do something similar as well offshore, bu[…]

Onno Paddle - $150

I apologize for my slow response. The paddle is s[…]