Page 1 of 1

San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:00 pm
by On the Guad
Went out yesterday and caught the largest Rio Grande perch that i've ever caught, and on a fly rod.

Image


The report is on my blog at texasflyfishingadventures

Re: San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:03 pm
by Hirsch
Nice, I have never seen one.

Re: San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:12 pm
by On the Guad
Hirschhunter wrote:Nice, I have never seen one.


It fought very hard.

Re: San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:44 pm
by fisher of people
That's a beast! I've caught quite a few, but never on the San Marcos, and I don't think I've ever caught one that big. Congrats!

Re: San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:33 pm
by On the Guad
fisher of people wrote:That's a beast! I've caught quite a few, but never on the San Marcos, and I don't think I've ever caught one that big. Congrats!


I should have measured and checked record book in hindsight

Re: San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:18 pm
by Aggroman
Very cool. :clap: I've seen a few but never caught one before.

Re: San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:15 pm
by On the Guad
Aggroman wrote:Very cool. :clap: I've seen a few but never caught one before.


It's the first one I've caught outside the Guadalupe

Re: San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:24 pm
by DNR
Nice one Robert.
I was hoping to find one in Onion Creek last weekend. Just found a bunch of those pesky bass.
I've caught a few on the Colorado.
That is a nice looking rod.

Re: San Marcos River 9-10-11

PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:29 pm
by On the Guad
DNR wrote:Nice one Robert.
I was hoping to find one in Onion Creek last weekend. Just found a bunch of those pesky bass.
I've caught a few on the Colorado.
That is a nice looking rod.


Thanks Dave. I might bring it on the trip.