TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By larry long shadows
A friend of mine invited me to a lil Trout Tournament on the Guadalupe at Lazy L& L.. These guys are hard core they caught big trout 28 inch was the winner.. I don't have pic I'll try to get some and post. I took a friend of Mine Jo Lynn and we had a blast the wind was bad it blew north/south/east/west/up/down/and sideways all day Sat. Got down to 29 degree Sat night froze out tail's off. Sunday was incredible beautiful day no wind and sunny. I made a Peach cobbler in Dutch oven Sat was a hit..sunday the coleman would not fire had to make coffee and eggs on coals..I don't know how to do Post like DNR and BEVE but here are some pic.s
Attachments
P3050047.JPG
Dutch oven and new friend
P3050008.JPG
Jo and her air mattress and pump
P3050025.JPG
Tying Fly
Last edited by larry long shadows on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By saffra
Thanks for the post Larry.....looks like y'all had a good time.....we were on the San Marcos River Saturday for the trash cleanup, and I hear ya about the wind... :D

The Guad is a beautiful little river, for sure.
By Weird1
I guess the picture of the tent explains the longshadows part

Nice pics thanks for posting, makes me wish I was back in TX now it snowed here this morning.
By larry long shadows
Weird1 wrote:I guess the picture of the tent explains the longshadows part

Nice pics thanks for posting, makes me wish I was back in TX now it snowed here this morning.

You got it Good Eye where you at now ??
By larry long shadows
On the Guad wrote:You picked the best place to camp on the river except for my house :lol:

Did you catch any trout

The other guys caught some big one's 28 inch was the winner I'll try to get him to e-mail me some pic..Man at about 4 am sunday morning it was so cold if I could have found your House you would have seen me Knocking..
By On the Guad
larry long shadows wrote:
On the Guad wrote:You picked the best place to camp on the river except for my house :lol:

Did you catch any trout

The other guys caught some big one's 28 inch was the winner I'll try to get him to e-mail me some pic..Man at about 4 am sunday morning it was so cold if I could have found your House you would have seen me Knocking..

Always an open invite. Especially if you have a song

Comes with seat, right? Didn't see it in the pict[…]

Looking for fishing friends

I live near Mont Belview and looking for some peop[…]

I imagine you job is gonna force you to skip a few[…]

Baytown/Anahuac Area

Recently moved to Baytown Anahuac area and looking[…]