Camping @ San Angelo

schrade

Camping @ San Angelo

Post by schrade »

Is there a good place to camp at Twin Buttes? I know O.C. Fisher is good b/c of the state park - but how is the fishing at O.C. F.?
Also, any places on the south concho?

Thanks,
John
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: Camping @ San Angelo

Post by Bigrock »

There are two areas on Lake Nasworthy...one on Spring Creek and one off of Red Bluff Rd.

Pugh Park in Christoval on the South Concho.

Foster Park on Spring Creek between Tankersley and Knickerbocker.

Creek Park in Mertzon.

and Twin Buttes.

The two Nasworthy Parks have restrooms, the others...you may be on your own.
schrade

Post by schrade »

Wow - lots of options. Any recommendations?
fisher_of_man

Post by fisher_of_man »

schrade -
pugh park in Christoval can draw a pretty "rough" crowd at times. that'd probably be my last choice. the Tom Green Co sheriff's office could probably use a field office out there...especially on the weekends. it used to be really nice place, but not so much any more. the areas at Nasworthy are pretty nice. There is also a place of S. Concho Drive at Nasworthy that you can camp w/restrooms. The spring creek area would probably be my choice of all listed. you can also camp at the KOA campgrounds right near Nasworthy. OC Fisher has very little to no water in it. I don't think there has been any even "decent" fishing there for a long time. if it's fish and camping you want, I'd stick to Nasworthy or Buttes.

if it were me...I'd take fisherman's road (off of Knickerbocker) back down into the park around the horseshoe bay area. there are some pretty nice camp areas back in there and at different times of the year, some pretty good fishing. Spring Creek Marina area of Nasworthy is good.
schrade

Post by schrade »

Thanks that helps alot. I am definitely wanting to camp and fish.