fairfield SP this weekend (dec 12-13)

friscotodd1

fairfield SP this weekend (dec 12-13)

Post by friscotodd1 »

think I am gonna pitch the tent in fairfield this weekend. Have wanted to try for reds for a while and according t the ranger I spoke with attendance is expected to be low...
Dry Creek

Re: fairfield SP this weekend (dec 12-13)

Post by Dry Creek »

How was the trip?
friscotodd1

Post by friscotodd1 »

I really like that park and that lake.

I decided to take the family to a tree farm in Denison Saturday morning and cut a Christmas tree... That delayed my arrival to the park until sunset... Sunday I woke up and launched from the south Ramp and headed to the hot water discharge. The fog off the river was heavy enough that a GPS was actually practical. In fact I ended up guiding another power boat to the sandbar. Once ther I fished a while and caught nothing so I paddled to the Dam. I tried to troll but my rods are too light duty for trolling to the depth I needed to be. I could see fish stacked at 15-20' throughout much of the lake but no bites...

The park is really very nice. It has more secluded campsite than many of the state parks I have been to lately and there is a great assortment of wildlife. Deer a-plenty and raccoons were also quite evident...

I caught no fish, but lately I have not caught many on Lewisville... if I am going to fish without catching Fairfield is a great place to do it. Depending on relatives and work I plan on heading back this coming week...
Salsa

Post by Salsa »

How hard was bait to find? On the surface or with your sonar? What techniques/lures/baits were you using? I know shrimp produces through much of the year. I like perch. If trolling wasn't possible then maybe try deep drifting (on the way back). Bottom bouncing rigs or trolling sinkers maybe. Might even snag some blues. Did you happen to catch what weekends in December will be closed due to their drawn hunting events? You may want to call to be sure before your next trip.
I hope you get on those reds.
Cyp