WooHoo

NTXAg
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

WooHoo

Post by NTXAg »

Wife is on the way home, we are headed for the Mtn. Fork in about two hours, gonna stay 4 nights, do a little hiking, fishing in the morning when she is still asleep, let the dog get some exercise, and . Staying in a nice cabin with a big porch and nice hot tub. Tuesday is our second anniversary, didn't do anything for the first annv. since we closed on the house about two weeks before and were poor, then I got laid off three months ago and have been umpiring nights so it seems like we haven't seen much of each other as of late, I am stoked.
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: WooHoo

Post by DarrellS »

Sounds like a great time. Not to mention the US time, which will go along way towards your fishing time.
NTXAg
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by NTXAg »

Had a great time, but it rained the whole time.
CityByTheSeaCitizen
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CityByTheSeaCitizen »

Were you able to hike any? Where?

I would have to wear waders to yak in the LMF right now. My wife would need a gun pointed at her to make her get in a kayak on that river right now. She is as warm blooded as they come.

When they start releasing water at Hugo dam (the dam you drove right below), I plan to make a run that way. I won't be going back until then.
NTXAg
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by NTXAg »

we hiked a little in the park, we didn't take the yaks, my brother wanted them for scouting duck hunting spots this weekend, and since I can fish LMF without them I let him have them, I spent about two hours walking/fishing the spillway creek, water wasn't too cold, but I have been in that river when it was below freezing air temps in only jeans and my Orvis breathable waders and been okay, I don't tend to get cold easy.

CBSC- since we moved to prosper we have started going up to durant and taking 70 across to idabel, and I have been wondering about hugo lake, you spend much time on it.
daveg99
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by daveg99 »

I love kayaking the LMF river. Its awesome in the summer time. Not only is it good fishing but its fun riding the rapids.
CityByTheSeaCitizen
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CityByTheSeaCitizen »

I have never actually been on lake hugo, but I have fished below the spillway 3 times, always catching good fish.