Harmon Creek October 10-12

Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Re: Harmon Creek October 10-12

Post by Firefly49 »

In between the rains today I explored another little creek in the area, going about 1.5 mi back to the "falls". A noticeably fishy little area, and until the rains this week, one you couldn't have gotten to without portaging over the sandbars. Pop explained the fish travel back in there and stack up with no place to go where the falls come down. Cool! Pop is also a guide up here.... says the "white bass are out there but haven't made it into the creek yet....when they do, this place will fill up with the fishermen"!! Just thought I'd pass along that quote! :lol: :lol: :lol:
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

COOL BEANS
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Nice report. I'm surprised y'all had any rain down there, seeing as how I wasn't there :mrgreen:

Did you have any muddy banks to climb to take your kayaks out?
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

Nope...no way you can assume any blame, rodloos!!!! Hopefully, the weather will improve by weekend altho it looks like we're going to lose a few for the deep water re-entry that Randy's going to do.....sigh. It's always so much fun when a larger group gets together!

I've succumbed to this trailer "camping"....esp when Pop and the guys here grill up some good catfish and veggies and invite me down to eat!!!! They set 50 trot lines and came back with 47 this AM.....stocking up the freezer!!!!
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

man o man, I hope she aint ruint,, I reckn we can put pontoons on that travel trailer and tow it behind to get her to 'MAN CAMP" again.
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

RIP, she is a goner!!!! Samething happened to my better half. When we first got married it was camping (tent style) all the time. I picked up a small travel trailer, we went more. Sold it before I went overseas and it has been Holiday Inn or I will not go. That is why I have a one person Tent Cot and it makes a good dog house when I get in trouble.