Yall got plans this wekend? Paddle & Camp

Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Yall got plans this wekend? Paddle & Camp

Post by Randy »

It aint a fishing trip so I figered I'd post it down here.....Just throwing this out there, if some body wants to come along. FireFly49 and I are planning a day trip this Saturday,
The Trinity River just out of Hunstville on FM 3478 past the Estelle Unit. I drove up there today on my lunch hour, the river is up a bit, but the flow is better than last weekend.

The pre-plan is to stage the vehicles at HWY 21 in Riverside, and launch on FM 3478. It is approx 15 miles by river. 5 to 6 hours depending on the wind, ( the river is wide in this area )
Trinity River FM 3478 bridge 14 miles from Hunstville

Camp at Harmon Creek Marina Saturday night, and go over to Trinity, Tx and paddle White Rock Creek Sunday, 7 miles round trip
White Rock Creek launch on Hwy 94 There is a nice ramp and bulkhead here.

The Saturday trip is not written in stone yet, still watching the river.

As a back up, we may go over to the Brazos, in Navasota and paddle it to see how the camp sites are for the Oct 3 trip.
Last edited by Randy on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Yall got plans this wekend? Paddle & Camp

Post by Forever Fishing »

Thanks for the invite Randy but I've got marsh plans Friday night and Saturday AM. You and FF be careful! 8)
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

Or if ya can, just come up to the campround and try out your gear,,,, If a few folks come up I'll cook some Dutch Oven beans and salt pork,,,,,,, otherwise, FireFly49 gets regulation issue,, MREs..................
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Randy wrote:If a few folks come up I'll cook some Dutch Oven beans and salt pork,,,,,,, otherwise, FireFly49 gets regulation issue,, MREs..................
Firefly better hope some people show up. :lol:
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

Wish I could make that trip but I am working this weekend, last weekend for the year. I have not paddled the lower trinity and in the Huntsville area and would like to explore that area sometime. On Oct 2-4 I am headed to the Illinois River in OK, then to Goose Island on Oct 15-18.

Have fun,

Earl
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

As long as I don't have to cook I won't gripe about anything that's being served! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually, the MRE's I've had so far were fairly tasty........ perhaps being quick, easy to prepare and no clean-up had a lot to do with it, ya' suppose?
deputydawg

Post by deputydawg »

That sounds like a great time! Work again will be in my way of enjoying the weekend! Have a great time and be careful.
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

I'll post up before I leave in the morning,
Randy