New Build Revisited

preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

New Build Revisited

Post by preacher »

Some of you may remember the Aggie Yak I Just built. Short story is the guy I built it for walked away and never contacted me. Then my Pastor's wife called me and asked me to build a yak for my Pastor's birthday. I told her what was going on and she got pretty excited and we settled on a color scheme.
The name of the Church is Soul's Refuge in Forney and the colors are black, green and white. That meant I only had to repaint the maroon with green, whew.

Colors came out great so Friday evening she gets loaded up for the trip to the new owner.

New owner, Pastor Randy Franklin of Soul's Refuge Church.

Looks like we got another one hooked.
Maybe I can get him on the forum one day. Got to train him up and teach him how to fish from a yak, he already knows how to fish for men.
awoodman

Re: New Build Revisited

Post by awoodman »

We need a "Like" button on these forums, as on FB.....
fishsaint78

Post by fishsaint78 »

preacher wrote:Some of you may remember the Aggie Yak I Just built. Short story is the guy I built it for walked away and never contacted me. Then my Pastor's wife called me and asked me to build a yak for my Pastor's birthday. I told her what was going on and she got pretty excited and we settled on a color scheme.
The name of the Church is Soul's Refuge in Forney and the colors are black, green and white. That meant I only had to repaint the maroon with green, whew.

Colors came out great so Friday evening she gets loaded up for the trip to the new owner.

Maybe I can get him on the forum one day. Got to train him up and teach him how to fish from a yak, he already knows how to fish for men.
Preacher,
You live in east dallas area I take it. Where did you get the wood for that build and what kind (as specific as possible) is it? By the way, awesome boat!
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

fishsaint78 wrote:
preacher wrote:Some of you may remember the Aggie Yak I Just built. Short story is the guy I built it for walked away and never contacted me. Then my Pastor's wife called me and asked me to build a yak for my Pastor's birthday. I told her what was going on and she got pretty excited and we settled on a color scheme.

Preacher,
You live in east dallas area I take it. Where did you get the wood for that build and what kind (as specific as possible) is it? By the way, awesome boat!
Sorry I took so long to see this but my response may explain why.
Nope, don't live in Dallas area any more. Moved to the giant town of Winnie Texas, along I-20 at Hwy 124 which runs 12 miles to the coast at Bolivar Peninsula.
Been setting my shop up for my next build which is a promise to Jim Dolan to raise some money for HOW.
The wood I used for REV Ran's boat was Luan 1/8" ply from Home Depot. The fiberglass is the serious part of any build and some of the guys have even use foam as their structure and glassed it for the strength.
H4MMY

Post by H4MMY »

Nice Boat! I like "The Revran" on the side :D
Texas Torpedo

Post by Texas Torpedo »

Yes that is a really nice rig.
fishsaint78

Post by fishsaint78 »

preacher wrote:
fishsaint78 wrote:

Preacher,
Sorry I took so long to see this but my response may explain why.
Nope, don't live in Dallas area any more. Moved to the giant town of Winnie Texas, along I-20 at Hwy 124 which runs 12 miles to the coast at Bolivar Peninsula.
Been setting my shop up for my next build which is a promise to Jim Dolan to raise some money for HOW.
The wood I used for REV Ran's boat was Luan 1/8" ply from Home Depot. The fiberglass is the serious part of any build and some of the guys have even use foam as their structure and glassed it for the strength.
Ok, thanks for the response. Yeah, I lived in Beaumont for many years. Several friends of mine live in Winnie. I would go duck hunting out there quite often growing up and have lunch at Al's on the way back. That place looks totally different after hurricane Ike came through Crystal.