Texas paddler needs help with a build

JEM

Texas paddler needs help with a build

Post by JEM »

Hello all.

Been a while since I've come around.

I was contacted and asked to build one of my designs for a Texas customer who wanted then to come pick it up and use in the 2015 Safari.

I'm in the middle of a house remodel and it seems a little silly for him to drive all the way to NC when there's lots of builders more local to him in TX. Any builders here interested? He's retired and lives in apartment and has no place to build. He doesn't want a plastic boat.

I won't make any money on this other than the plans I'll sell him. He does want a custom hatch in the back but nothing complicated. I can help out with the parts for that. The fee to build will be between you and him. To sweeten the pot, I'll throw in one set of any of my stock plans to the builder so long as i can get pictures of the build.

I haven't discussed with the customer if he wants a CNC cut kit or if hand drawn is acceptable. He's looking at a simpler model kayak so it wouldn't be hard to draw out by hand.

If this sounds interesting, shoot me an email or PM.

Thanks all.
makenmend

Re: Texas paddler needs help with a build

Post by makenmend »

this persons location might be helpful in this decision.

MM
JEM

Post by JEM »

He's in the Dallas area. But was willing to drive to me in North Carolina to pick up the kayak if I were to build it.

Wants to pick up in Jan.
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

I would be glad to help out but in the process of buying a house in SE Texas. Will be moving in October.
My new shop is 26X60 with plenty of room to play with my boats. If he is interested in a delivery around June and a pick up drive about 300 miles let me know.
JEM

Post by JEM »

Thanks for the offer Preacher. But he needs January delivery.

I put him in contact with one TX builder so far.