Application for new mancard

preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Application for new mancard

Post by preacher »

My old one may have been revolked. I have totally cleaned my shop (the cooler weather motivated me). Accumulated 50 gallons of saw dust, 2 - 90 gallon trash carts full of debris, swept the floors, dusted the counters, put my tools in their racks. Then I broke down my 2 piece building bench which is on casters, and move 1/2 of it outside the shop.

Now I have room to spin the Honey Bee 360 degrees with no problem. Rockler is advertising a wall mount sawdust vacuum for $179.00 so I may go even further and install a dust collection system.

Man! I got room to hold a dance! But, now I can proceed with the final finish on the Honey Bee.
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Application for new mancard

Post by preacher »

richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Nice.. I had a clean shop once. The day I moved in. Rich
Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Alsatian »

I just bought a new planer and shaper and had to clean up everything and reorganize to make room. Everything from the miter saw to the drum sander is hooked up to the dust collector now without running hoses everywhere. It's kind of nice having it clean. Oh well, I'll start another project shortly and It'll be dirty again. :?
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

I see ...you would run out of room real quick...
I am spoiled after we moved out of our 980 sq. foot house ,of which I had my cabinet shop in the basement.....Now in the country for 12 yrs. with a 30X60 barn for a shop...
Great looking fishing boat....
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

Alsatian wrote:I just bought a new planer and shaper and had to clean up everything and reorganize to make room. Everything from the miter saw to the drum sander is hooked up to the dust collector now without running hoses everywhere. It's kind of nice having it clean. Oh well, I'll start another project shortly and It'll be dirty again. :?
Don't know how I lived w/o a planer. Got mine last month and I am hooked. Now if I follow your suit and hok everything to a vacuum w/o running 50 feet of hose on the floor I will be in hog heaven.
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

awoodman wrote:I see ...you would run out of room real quick...
I am spoiled after we moved out of our 980 sq. foot house ,of which I had my cabinet shop in the basement.....Now in the country for 12 yrs. with a 30X60 barn for a shop...
I know what you mean. I started out at my work in our 4 bay shop and it was wonderful with the exception of the drive back and forth. Dreaming of a bigger shop than the 16 X 32 I'm in now hoping it will happen right after I retire.

Trouble is, more room = wanting more tools to fill it up??
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

:) I know what you mean..more room does = more stuff + more scrap..trash etc...
Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Alsatian »

awoodman wrote:I see ...you would run out of room real quick...
30X60!! Oh man I would love to have half that space. Saving up for a 24X30 right now.