Row boats

Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Row boats

Post by Iamdamoder »

I stopped in OK City to check out the Olympics Training Center and found a bunch of activity. Young folks serious about human powered can kay no, Sculling boats. Looks like the good singles are about as big around as my thigh. Guess that is why they invented the sculling brace. :shock:

http://www.okchighperformance.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

got these shots of boats with go fast design.

I was ready to take them on but they would not let me go in the Heritage 9.5
barditch
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Row boats

Post by barditch »

:shock: If I sat in one of those things, they'd have fat flavored outriggers!
Light Keeper's Kid
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Stuck in the Middle, Wadefish 15' -Heritage 9.5 Angler (OlllllO)

Post by Light Keeper's Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

COOL post! Man, those things are wicked awesome -- have you had the chance to see 'em in action yet? WOW!!! :shock: :D

They had a passel of 'em at the TAMUG facility (Sea Aggies) where I did my ACA sea kayak cert training, and I couldn't take my eyes off 'em. The crews were as much fun to watch as the boats because of how totally into it they were, and how precisely they acted in unison during all phases -- toting boat to water, getting in, motoring around, getting back out, toting boat back to rack. And FAST? Hoo boy, looked like you could damnear water ski at the pace those four-man boats were chugging along at.

Curiously, I still have yet to try rowing a boat.
GUMB0
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by GUMB0 »

I can seriously see a fishing application here. If there was a small jump seat in the stern, You could be troll'n for kingfish and tarpon in the gulf. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Iamdamoder »

Barditch, after you get in you put you're feet in tennis shoes that are glued to the boat. :shock:

That was the first time i saw them up close. You can see them from the Bridges here and there.

They even changed the name of the river, for a few miles the Canadian is now the Oklahoma River.

Gum, we would need a huge drift sock to get these folks down to trolling speed. I should have went back tonight, awesome sunsets. Where is my SLR.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

We have a place on the Brazos at Baylor that practices with those boat ,man they fly.
Ron
picaroon
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by picaroon »

There are a lot of them at Lake Woodlands. They keep them there and their club is quite active. Apparently they compete quite often all over thew state and elsewhere.................the Woodlands group seems to include a lot of young, good looking females and if I wasn't so old I think I would join them. I saw a sculling boat today that looked to be about 20' long made of Kevlar and I suspect that it was quite expensive. Actually I know it was very expensive..........there is an article in a resent issue of Wooden Boat magazine where they are building one.........