ONE WEEK to Oct 11 Messabout at Inks Lake!

Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

ONE WEEK to Oct 11 Messabout at Inks Lake!

Post by Pogo »

Steve Landsdowne writes to remind me that the fall Messabout at Inks Lake SP is coming on fast! Remember, it's a SUNday, not Saturday, because of some football game on Saturday. I'll be there -- who else is coming??? :D

Besides Gerald, I mean. He already promised.... 8)
Last edited by Pogo on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
barditch
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: 2 Weeks 'Til Oct 11 Messabout at Inks Lake!

Post by barditch »

8) Sorry Pods, I'd join you, 'cause I do like Inks Lake, but, I've got 300 folks coming for the HOW Family Picnic the following Saturday, and I do believe that I will be up to it in alligators about that time! Something about cooks, broth, and all that stuff...you've probably heard all of this before! Do have a good time, though! :D :D

By the way...any TKF'er wants to hit the Family Picnic, PM me and I'll see to it that you get the opportunity to work your buns off! Got a boat you built? Please bring it and show it off! This is all about the guys and their rehab...building boats and paddling them can be something that they grab on to!
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

I thought the HOW deal was the following weekend? Either way, I knew it was conflicting with an event I had already promised my mortal body to, and regret not being able to show the vets what a bunch of cheap rough cedar really ought to end up looking like. I'd burn down barns to get to your deal, 'specially with your cookin' involved, otherwise, you betcha. Oh boy, I hate this sorta thing, but it's what we run into every spring and fall when everything seems to happen all at once. Maybe next year; it'll be an easy target for prioritization given the right advance notice (as I recall, this came up like two seconds after I promised to the Messabout).
StuckInTheMud

Post by StuckInTheMud »

Is this another home-made boat gathering?? I'm going to be in New Orleans for homecoming so i'm missing another one! I planned my trip down there b/c i'm getting ready to split for the mountain country. No, not the mountains here in good ole USofA, but the ones over there in the Afghan of istan. I gotta get a better calendar planner, haha. Well, yall have fun anyway. I'll make one of these get togethers.
barditch
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by barditch »

:D No, prob, Pogo...our deal is Oct 17. You should be frolikckin' up in the Llano River area that weekend. If everything works this time, we'll do it again...maybe not here but somewhere...like they said in the beer commercials...we'll get back to you with more details. We will, however, miss that gorgeous Merlin canoe you built! LOVELY! :D :D
Light Keeper's Kid
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Stuck in the Middle, Wadefish 15' -Heritage 9.5 Angler (OlllllO)

Post by Light Keeper's Kid »

I'm afraid to ask whats up on this,because if the weather turns for the worse I'll get the blame again :lol:

Mike
W5CDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by W5CDS »

I didn't build my boat (OK did), but I'll be in the area (leaving for Granite Shoals tomorrow and coming home on the 16th), so I'll see you there. Any idea yet where in the park you'll be? Hope they have all the avgas and oil cleaned up by then (aircraft nosed in at the lake yesterday - park's closed today from what I hear).
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

I heard about the plane, but would they really close the park, or just limit access to the water? The crash was way up by the dam from what I understand...? What have you heard??

We like people who haven't built a boat. We're already messed up, now we're trying to mess YOU up. What'd you think a Messabout was for? 8)

Mike, bring it on, bud .... we ain't afraid of you and your lousy weather!!

I'm not precisely exactly positively sure where the Messabout folks will gather, but I'll bet you a nickel it'll be the day use area near the northeast fishing pier.
Light Keeper's Kid
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Stuck in the Middle, Wadefish 15' -Heritage 9.5 Angler (OlllllO)

Post by Light Keeper's Kid »

Well as far as tonight it's on the WAY :lol: I'm going to drag the wife out there :wink:

Mike
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

ONE WEEK 'Til Oct 11 Messabout at Inks Lake!

Post by Pogo »

One week .... looks like there'll be a trio of Outer Islands there, and mine'll be the rattiest looking one of the bunch....