Race schedule

Post by bowgarguide »

I know there are a lot of kayak races in Texas how about a place to post them
Randy should know details on the one at the Fall,
Trinty river challange
Castile
Neches
regata in Houston
If we could get folks to post dates and links it sure would help plan some outings.
Ron
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Re: Race schedule

Post by Firefly49 »

Trinity River Challenge this Saturday, Sept 26th at Carrollton, northern suburb of Dallas. 11.8 miles rd trip; start/finish out of McInnis Park put on by the Dallas Downriver Club.

http://down-river.com/trc/

I'm packing and loading up tomorrow to leave Friday AM. Want to paddle a little stretch of it before the race and have a chance to meet some of the other racers that are coming in Friday night to camp. I can't believe ya'll are letting this newbie at racing do it alone!! :lol: I just hope I don't let the Srchr down..... but I'm excited.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

good luck and show them how to do it.
Ron
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

http://www.paddle24seven.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://txcanoeracing.org/tcra1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and there are more....
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

Firefly49 wrote:Trinity River Challenge this Saturday, Sept 26th at Carrollton, northern suburb of Dallas. 11.8 miles rd trip; start/finish out of McInnis Park put on by the Dallas Downriver Club.

http://down-river.com/trc/

I'm packing and loading up tomorrow to leave Friday AM. Want to paddle a little stretch of it before the race and have a chance to meet some of the other racers that are coming in Friday night to camp. I can't believe ya'll are letting this newbie at racing do it alone!! :lol: I just hope I don't let the Srchr down..... but I'm excited.
I am so sorry. I really want to be there. I'm gonna try to get situated where I can make quite a few selected races next year. I suspect you and the srchrM1824 will do just great. Probably the best class for you to enter is the sea kayak class...though you also fit the touring kayak class.
I hang my head in shame and sorrow....

...but I will be back....
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

I know you wanted to do this race, Gerald! We'll do next year.....and a few in between maybe. I don't intend for this to be my last, so you better start "daring" me to do some of those coming up!!!!!! :lol: :lol: I think you know by now that I LOVE the Srchr; especially after the 18+ miles I put on it last Saturday........I could feel it "purring". It's the paddler that needs to gain the experience to handle it!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I'm confused, tho.........difference between entering touring vs. sea kayak?????
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

Sea kayak is up to 18' long, Touring kayak is up to 20'. You easily fit the width requirements for either. I studied the usual men's finish times and figured that sea kayak would be better for me. Really just depends on who's paddling what. Touring kayak times appeared to be a little tougher for me. You may not have any choice when you get there. That also depends on how many people enroll for each class. You'll do fine in any case. Don't worry about winning...just finish--and have fun.