Boatbuilders Club

Frank C

Boatbuilders Club

Post by Frank C »

Five of us met last Saturday in San Antonio to start a boatbuilder's club. Our goal is to have a very informal (no dues, no officers) group that meets once a month to talk boatbuilding and woodenboats. Four of the five of us built and use paddle craft. Some potential activities discussed were to get together for a paddle, tour our respective boat shops, offer a hand to a fellow member, and mentor new builders.

Any builder or wannabe builder is welcome to attend. If you are interested email me at coletta_j@msn.com and I will put you on the email list.

Frank
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Boatbuilders Club

Post by gerald »

Thanks very much for the info Frank. I hope you and your members will take full advantage of the Boat Builder Forum here on TKF AND share your experiences. I know there are several TKFBBF posters who live in and around San Antonio. I would venture to say that the combined experience of the builders you can meet here rival that of any area in the nation. We do not all agree on all aspects of building or paddling but that just ensures you will get a good variety of information on almost any aspect of small boat building. We are always open for suggestions to make this a better experience for everyone. Don't hesitate to post meetings or gatherings for your club. Please notice that we also have a "Post your Boat" thread for all the fine boats that have been built by TKF--and other--boat builders. Let me know if I can help in any way.