Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival

mwillis

Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival

Post by mwillis »

I thought this Louisiana wooden boat festival (20th year) may be of interest to the board. Most of the bigger festivals are in northern states.

http://www.woodenboatfest.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Re: Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival

Post by Firefly49 »

Wonder if they'll have yaks/and canoes? Can't tell on their site. Maybe Gerald knows? I lived in Lafayette for awhile years ago and absolutely loved every minute of the culture shock I experienced coming from the Mid-west!!!!! I'd just about take any excuse to go to Cajun Country!

Did you notice the 2005 poster pic on their site? Awesome.
junkyard chihuahua
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by junkyard chihuahua »

Louisiana is pretty much responsible for me being on this forum now...

I went to New Orleans for work for a couple of months. I don't care for NO so much, but the country? I love it. I met some friends on the atchafalaya that let me take out their kayaks and that was it. I've been paddling all summer since then.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread... I bet that would be a fine time!
Yakhead1

Post by Yakhead1 »

I live about 15 minutes from the Tchefuncta (sp?). I believe the festival is more about wooden boats, but still pretty cool if you are in to that. It is definately a good time to have, great food and entertainment. Madisonville is a nice little town right on the Tchefuncta River and just north of Lake Pontchartrain.