More Power Tools: Pride of your shop?

barditch
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: More Power Tools: Pride of your shop?

Post by barditch »

Well, I'll be different again...I'd say my drill, because of the versatility that it gives me: drilling, countersinking, installing screws, driving all manner of other fastners--either finish or framing--but that's just pure woodworking!

In my shop, it would be an 1890 112# anvil! I do all manner of metal forming on it, which is integral to the stuff I do. That plus the polishing wheels on the old 1938 model Baldor floor model grinder that I found for $25 in a used crud store! You can buff out a lot of boo-boo's with enough grinding compound.

Note to Pepperfool: A board stretcher is sold in older hardware stores, right next to the flange stretchers!
picaroon
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by picaroon »

Pogo has been around Woodworking equipment all his life. He is a professional by any standard. He can relate as can I not just my own lapses but many accidents where a piece of wood "kicked back" and hurt some one seriously. I have had the memorable expierence of looking around in a pile of saw dust for someone's finger. I could go on and on but the bottom line is you do not just go out and buy a saw and start making fine furniture or a fine water craft. It takes expierence and a knowlege of how to use the equipment SAFELY.............I suspect that there are classes for this, certainly there are operators manuals. There are book on how to operat equipment.There are groups that offer some wood working safety tips.............I mention this because safety is needs to be a primary consideration........
TXJon

Post by TXJon »

dr_love2112 wrote:my pride of my shop is my PENCIL, with out it i CANT do anything.....and my tape measure!!!!

they look kinda like this.......
Looks like you need one more tool: :wink: