BTB 2007 Dec 8th

blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by blesker »

Mythman wrote:I am planning on bringing the Pop-up camper(I am a poor beach camper) Friday afternoon and a small charcoal grill. Will have something cooked up in advance. See everybody Friday evening or Sat morning.

Current plans have me leaving to return Sat. PM, too.

Alton, after my last BTB trip, bring enough dramamine for me, too!! I am starting the ginger now!! :lol: :lol:

I'll leave my charcoal grill behind then Mike - but will bring the propane one, as it doubles as a stove should folks need that.

I'll have a treat too - thinking about stuffed mushrooms. :)

b
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

blesker wrote:
Mythman wrote:I am planning on bringing the Pop-up camper(I am a poor beach camper) Friday afternoon and a small charcoal grill. Will have something cooked up in advance. See everybody Friday evening or Sat morning.

Alton, after my last BTB trip, bring enough dramamine for me, too!! I am starting the ginger now!! :lol: :lol:

I'll leave my charcoal grill behind then Mike - but will bring the propane one, as it doubles as a stove should folks need that.

b
B,
My grill is small about 12" in diameter, which is enough for you and me a steak or hamburger apiece......not to worry though....Jolly Roger usually brings a small grill too.

All we got is Friday night dinner and breakfast Sat......the rest for me can be sandwiches, hot dogs or other junk food. I may bring some breakfast meat and do meat and eggs........might be a good breakfast early on the beach.....sounds good, huh?
blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by blesker »

Mythman wrote:
blesker wrote:

b
B,
My grill is small about 12" in diameter, which is enough for you and me a steak or hamburger apiece......not to worry though....Jolly Roger usually brings a small grill too.

All we got is Friday night dinner and breakfast Sat......the rest for me can be sandwiches, hot dogs or other junk food. I may bring some breakfast meat and do meat and eggs........might be a good breakfast early on the beach.....sounds good, huh?
You betcha! :)

b
rod dawg
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by rod dawg »

I'll prolly show up friday night and stay through sunday a.m.

Rain or shine I'll be there....w/ the surf rods also...

see everyone out there...
CIGAR MAN

Chili??????????

Post by CIGAR MAN »

How does a BIG pot of chili sound? Maybe a BIG pot of beans too? You know being a woman that we think of all of that? I'll be sure and bring lots of cheese and onions too! Drinks are on you but Herb and I will have enough to feed everybody - Looking forward to seeing all of you there - We'll be pulling the trailer on Friday afternoon - Sunday - See all of you then!
northpaw
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Chili??????????

Post by northpaw »

FishinFools wrote:How does a BIG pot of chili sound? Maybe a BIG pot of beans too? You know being a woman that we think of all of that? I'll be sure and bring lots of cheese and onions too! Drinks are on you but Herb and I will have enough to feed everybody - Looking forward to seeing all of you there - We'll be pulling the trailer on Friday afternoon - Sunday - See all of you then!
If you two feed us any more than you already have, you'll be able to write us off as dependants on next years tax returns.
Big Perm
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Big Perm »

maybe i can get my wife to let me go sat. morning...
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Wolfman57 »

Sounds like a great time. Depending on the 3W's (weather/Work/WIFE) I may join you!

It has been a while since I've hit the BTB.

WM
TDD
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by TDD »

altonr77 wrote:well i'll have to leave early cause i got a long drive as well :P :P :P
i'll be taking the beach from HI to sea rim that morning. you got the details worked out yet TJ ? i'll be there to help out in any way i can. i'll have my yak , camera, and dramamine. ive got a little wood left as well to burn that day or will donate to anyone camping sat night.
alton .. how many miles is it traveling the beach and is it in good enough shape for me to drive pulling my yak trailer ... how long should it take to drive from HI to SR on the beach??
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mythman »

TD wrote:
altonr77 wrote:well i'll have to leave early cause i got a long drive as well :P :P :P
i'll be taking the beach from HI to sea rim that morning. you got the details worked out yet TJ ? i'll be there to help out in any way i can. i'll have my yak , camera, and dramamine. ive got a little wood left as well to burn that day or will donate to anyone camping sat night.
alton .. how many miles is it traveling the beach and is it in good enough shape for me to drive pulling my yak trailer ... how long should it take to drive from HI to SR on the beach??
I am not Alton, but I do not believe you can make it on the beach from HI to SR without 4 wheel drive.
TDD
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by TDD »

Mythman wrote: I am not Alton, but I do not believe you can make it on the beach from HI to SR without 4 wheel drive.
:lol: :lol: OK ... I might have mistaken you for him :lol: :lol:
my Tahoe is 4x4 but I haven't driven that stretch in many many years and wondering how long it would take to drive :?:
dancingwithbulls
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by dancingwithbulls »

Man that would be fun, makes me wish i had a 4X4 now :? Can't wait to fish with all of you again
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

Driving from HI to Sea Rim without 4WD would not be recommended. Even with 4wd, it can be challenging, depending on the tide, and other conditions. There are places where there is essentially no beach, and you have to drive through debris fields. There are also extensive mud flats barely covered by sand. Because there is little traffic along there, should you have a couple of flats, or bog down in the mud, you could be there anywhere from a long time, to forever (at least your vehicle could be there forever).

If that's your idea of fun, go for it.

BTW, under normal conditions, the trip will take anywhere from an hour and a half to 2 hours to go the approximately 20 miles.
Last edited by bigfost on Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mythman »

TD,
I haven't been past the "Gator Hole" since last year, but I believe I read that it was very rough going, even in a 4 wheeler and I would be leery of trying it with a trailer!!!

When JR gets back from Sea Rim today, perhaps he can shed some recent info.
dancingwithbulls
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by dancingwithbulls »

bigfost wrote:Driving from HI to Sea Rim without 4WD would not be recommended. Even with 4wd, it can be challenging, depending on the tide, and other conditions. There are places where there is essentially no beach, and you have to drive through debris fields. There are also extensive mud flats barely covered by sand. Because there is little traffic along there, should you have a couple of flats, or bog down in the mud, you could be there anywhere from a long time, to forever (at least your vehicle could be there forever).

BTW, under normal conditions, the trip will take anywhere from an hour and a half to 2 hours to go the approximately 20 miles.
Well it seemed like fun until i read that. I'll still stick with taking the highway.
TDD
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by TDD »

bigfost wrote:Driving from HI to Sea Rim without 4WD would not be recommended. Even with 4wd, it can be challenging, depending on the tide, and other conditions. There are places where there is essentially no beach, and you have to drive through debris fields. There are also extensive mud flats barely covered by sand. Because there is little traffic along there, should you have a couple of flats, or bog down in the mud, you could be there anywhere from a long time, to forever (at least your vehicle could be there forever).

If I don't go to work this week and my daughter dosn't want to spend the weekend then I will probably head that way Friday. I think I will leave the beach drive to Alton this time and drive the PA road. Dosn't look like there will be a group of yakers for the boat parade this year so haven't decided yet to stay past Sat. afternoon. Will probably camp on the beach Fri. in the TentCot.

Makes sence Myth :)
altonr77

Post by altonr77 »

i just drove it today and would not recomend driving the beach. you would need a rock crawler. and it would take forever to get through. without tossing all the gear and kayaks around. tide was up and the old road was the only way through i made it but had to creep through and did not have a kayak but still tossed my gear around badly.

and by the way TJs wife reeled in the only red today :roll: