BTB 2007-- CANCELLED for this weekend

rod dawg
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by rod dawg »

Randy wrote:I really really didnt want to stay home this weekend and do the MOWING THING,,,,,,,,,,,,,I may just drive over to Lake Conroe and splash a kayak over there,,,,and HOPe NO BODY SEES ME.....
Need someone to yak your baits out to the stumps?? :lol: :lol:
Hey the bait shop in Winnie sells live Minnows :wink:
TTguy

Post by TTguy »

Well, I am seriously getting some mixed signals from all of the weather forecasts. I think as of now the fiance and I are still planning to leave Ft. Worth and get to High Island Friday night. We are going to be camping on the beach, and would love some company. If it is too rough for the yak, then I will just fish from the beach.

Is anyone interested in going? If so, I drive a blue Chevy Avalanche that will be carrying a green OK Speck. Stop by and say hi, or stay for a while and fish. I am always up to meeting new people.
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

With the forecast, I'd wait a week if you could. That is a long drive to a rough surf.
TTguy

Post by TTguy »

Unfortunately, this is my last chance. I will be tied up, and away from the salt until February or March if I do not get out this weekend. Besides, when I look at some forecasts on weather.com, it is showing sunny, 80's, and wind less than 10mph.

I am still going as long as it is not a thunderstorm...
rod dawg
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by rod dawg »

TTguy wrote:Unfortunately, this is my last chance. I will be tied up, and away from the salt until February or March if I do not get out this weekend. Besides, when I look at some forecasts on weather.com, it is showing sunny, 80's, and wind less than 10mph.

I am still going as long as it is not a thunderstorm...
It will be sunny friday/saturday...perfect beach weather....just a no go for BTB...bring the surf rods just in case...If you're camping on the beach, camp at the highest point possible.....

FRIDAY
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS DECREASING TO 10 TO 15 KNOTS
IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. COASTAL LAKES AND BAYS CHOPPY
DECREASING TO LIGHT CHOP IN THE AFTERNOON. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE MORNING.

FRIDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 4 FEET.
COASTAL LAKES AND BAYS LIGHT CHOP.

SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 5 FEET.
COASTAL LAKES AND BAYS CHOPPY.

SUNDAY
SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. COASTAL
LAKES AND BAYS CHOPPY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.
late start

Post by late start »

YEAH!!!! Sorry it's to be rescheduled, but I could not make it this weekend anyway.

I can make the rescheduled event with enough notice.
Fuzzy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Fuzzy »

Dang it.I been thinking about this the whole time I was on the tug.Ever since I went with Mythman I been itch'in to go back.
TTguy

Post by TTguy »

Alright guys...the truck is all loaded up. I am headed south as soon as the fiance gets off work at the hospital. Look for the blue Avalanche if you are brave enough to get out this weekend. It may be a little windy, but I have got to get out of the city and get some gear salty.