HI

Davy Jones

HI

Post by Davy Jones »

Anyone going to be at HI Wednesday October 10? I am a newbie and I am not going to fish, but practice going out and coming in if there are going to be some people there.
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

If ya can wait till Saturday,,,, unless I take a mental holiday eer 2 between now and then.....
Davy Jones

Post by Davy Jones »

Saturday will work for me. Do I need to bring fishing gear? I was just going to practice, but would love to fish.
dancingwithbulls
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by dancingwithbulls »

I'd go ahead and bring the gear. If you get some good practice in and the seas are calm, come out and join us.
Jawz529

Post by Jawz529 »

its not as bad as you might think DJ. If the surf is not bad once you get beyond the minimal breaks it can be like glass at times out there. If the weather is in the 2-3 ft range then it can be a little busy. If you have a strong stroke and know how to brake your turns, then all you will want to do is fight the current in ( sometimes your almost parellel with the beach) and when you choose your landing spot hit the gas point your nose to the beach.

You will want to paddle in the through and i tend to be ready for the brake when the wave goes under you. After your first 2 rides in you will catch on. Just try not to get sideways. Thats your main goal i would say.

Make sure you have an anchor, and a float for the anchor line. A quick disconnect like a climbers clip is also handy for the anchor line. If you dont have a float, here is a easy way to make it. Get a large 1 gallon bottle, like a bleach, liquid detergent, etc and fill it with "The Stuff" expanding foam from home depot. Will never sink.

other than that have fun!
smellyhands
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by smellyhands »

Davy,
I'll be there wednesday. I was planning on going on monday but couldn't make it. I'll be there wednesday bright and early. Hope to see you out there.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Always bring the gear. Bring some bait with you too....just in case. :wink: You can leave your gear and bait it in your vehicle while you practice. If it is calm and you get comfortable, then grab your gear and bait and start fishing. :D
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

I might make Wed., too, depending on wind, waves and weather.
Davy Jones

Post by Davy Jones »

Well, guess I have to put off coming this weekend. Forgot about leaving Monday for SLP. Need to get ready for that. Maybe next time!