High Island Sunday ???

cliftonio

Post by cliftonio »

I'm in! Will be there at 6:30!
mrkm1010
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mrkm1010 »

The beach is good,there has been quite a bit of rain at HI Fri. nite and today. Wave heights 2 to 4 choppy, a little off color,and loade with Bulls. Today was my best day ever -23 bulls and 1 5' sand shark.
jameyj

Post by jameyj »

Wish I could come (had planned on going down with YEP). Unfortunately, the softball bat the guy accidently threw at my knee (I was catching and he swung all the way around and let go of the bat right into my knee) Friday night will not allow me. I will have to sit at home nursing the knee. I don't think I helped myself tonight as I went to the A&M game with my wife and it really swelled up and started hurting bad.

Good luck guys and gals. I hope you have calms seas and lots of Bull Reds (or sharks if you go that way :D ).
northpaw
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: SUnday

Post by northpaw »

Jay T wrote:I know it has been a while, but I am in. I am coming down Sat. afternoon and am looking to fish Sat evening and all day Sunday. Between the piers? or Past the Barricades?? Post up and let me know. I asked Northpaw and he said he might come Sunday?????

Jay T
Cant make it, have a recruit coming to campus.
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Re: SUnday

Post by Fla-Fish »

northpaw wrote:
Jay T wrote:I know it has been a while, but I am in. I am coming down Sat. afternoon and am looking to fish Sat evening and all day Sunday. Between the piers? or Past the Barricades?? Post up and let me know. I asked Northpaw and he said he might come Sunday?????

Jay T
Cant make it, have a recruit coming to campus.
Bring him with you :shock: :shock: :lol:
playsitright

Post by playsitright »

i bumped into some guy off of here on sat and asked him if he knew where a gas station was, any of you? if so how did yall do that day fishing?i was the guy in the black chevy early sat morning around 7:00 7:30
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

Sometimes, you just gotta "say no"..... here we are today
"POUTING" but it was still a good time, we are already planning next weekend..
dancingwithbulls
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by dancingwithbulls »

Looks like some rough water out there today. I couldn't make it due to my alarm clock going off too late. Looks like you guys still had a good time hanging out on the beach though.
cliftonio

Post by cliftonio »

Yeah it was a rough one, after the "breakers" there was.....you guessed it MORE BREAKERS. I am super pissed because the 1 day a months I have free for fishing always seem to be the days where the surf is just not suitable!

Tim/????/Blue Prowler Guy (the three guys that launched near the entrance): I hope you guys made out okay. I should have stayed out as your scout boat. It was border line on my yak comfort and certainly well beyond my fish&yak comfort. I lazily drifted off and then took on a triathon (Yak, Swim (okay I planned to skip the swim event but mother nature had a diffrent idea) and Walk back to the truck because I too lazy to paddle against the wind/current and ended up a "little" further down the beach hahaa)

Also for the Guy in Blue Prowler: Let me know the next time you hit HI, I want to present you with a new ball cap. That was a killer wave you launched through; well executed but it did cost you your lid!

Jolly Roger & Gang: sorry for the lack of proper introduction, I'll be sure to make the rounds next time

Learned a lot yesterday,
- if you cannot see the end of the breakers, then leave the yak on the truck and pull out the lawn chair, begin napping
- double checking your rigging saves money
- an MR12 SWIMS a lot better than the SIT's I have turtled previously
- you have a PFD; if you turtle don't worry about surfacing until you find your hat! :P