Anyone want to fish HI tomorrow? 10/4 PICS ADDED..

WILDCAT

Anyone want to fish HI tomorrow? 10/4 PICS ADDED..

Post by WILDCAT »

Thinking af heading to HI tomorrow for a while? Plan to get there about 9:00 AM and head out by 4:00. Anyone up for a little BTB? PM me or reply. I will be checkin back later this evening.
Last edited by WILDCAT on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Man, I wish I could......the past two days have been knockout.

Good luck!!!
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

You might want to rethink tomorrow. Those disturbances in the Gulf have things a bit messed up.

Friday 10/5
Morning
Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: ENE 8 to 11 knots
Seas: ENE 6 feet at 7 sec. Afternoon
Breezy whitecaping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: ENE 12 to 16 knots
Seas: ENE 6 feet at 8 sec.
WILDCAT

Post by WILDCAT »

Well, I went and found the wind was up but the water was excellent. 1 1/2 - 3' Green water all the way in. 8) Since I had no partner I just ran three long lines out. Arrived at 10:30 and had lines all out by 11:00. 1st Red at 11:15. Baited up and ran it back out 200 yds. Had nothing else for a while so I decided to get my casting rod and throw a 4' white gulp on the 2nd bar. Had a huge hookup but just as fast as I hooked up I had a break-off. Brand new 30 lb Suffix, never did see what it was? Line was cut clean.. :cry: By now it is 12:30 so I decided to sit down and eat a sandwich. About the time I get the 2nd bite of my sandwich my 12' bends nearly double. 10 min later I beached my 2nd Red. Run out the line out again. Winds shifted and water starts to muddy up a bit. Nothing else up to 3:00 PM. Decided to pack it up and head home. At least I got my fix this week. I am on-call all w\e and was not going to be able to get down Sat or Sun.

Hope everyone does well this weekend! I am planning to camp next weekend if the weather looks good. Hope to see y’all there…