2021 BTB

Fishtolive

2021 BTB

Post by Fishtolive »

Heard quite a bit of fish were killed in the gulf by the recent winter storm.
Hope it doesn’t affect the BTB in the Summer.
Any update on the current situation in CC?
Looking forward to make a few trips to CC this summer.
Appreciate any info from any TKF members in CC.
Kalait

Re: 2021 BTB

Post by Kalait »

Even if it does affect the fishing this summer, this will be a good pedal/paddle for some of us. Knowing someone wants it to be glass smooth for the newbies going out. :horse: :clap:
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Snapper could have been affected to some degree, but only the ones hanging in the shallows during the cold snap. Snapper do move around, so I'm hoping the cold won't have messed with their numbers much. Most of the other species were down South or out in the deep for winter. They should be back in numbers when the waters warm up!
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

Thank you, Glenn
That is a positive news for a change.
So looking forward to come down there few trips this summer.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

Off-topic, but going to ask anyway. What do you guys use when fishing the Lighthouse trails? Hoping to paddle some next week.
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

Ready to here my reels squall!!!
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Kalait wrote:Off-topic, but going to ask anyway. What do you guys use when fishing the Lighthouse trails? Hoping to paddle some next week.
Take a bone colored Spook Jr and weedless soft plastics of your choice. Paddling a mile or more back into the trails will usually give you shots at larger slot reds.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Kalait wrote:Off-topic, but going to ask anyway. What do you guys use when fishing the Lighthouse trails? Hoping to paddle some next week.
Kalait I haven't been in a few weeks but typically this time of year you'll find reds holding in the grass beds. Grass beds is great structure to target this time of year. If you go back in Lighthouse I wouldn't stop paddling until I saw signs of bait and not talking about horse mullet (smaller mullet, shrimp and/or glass minnows). I like to downsize my baits this time of year. I second the spook jr but if you're not great at working a top water a 3/8" oz Strike Pro Hunchback Wakebait will also work. I will also have 3" and 4" soft plastics (one in bone color and one in a darker color) and of course a Vudu shrimp for when there's not much grass.