TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By Prof. Salt
The winds finally let me poke through the surf, and I managed a few fish. This isn't the slaughter-fest that I sometimes get to host, but it was a good beginning to the season. The way 2020 is unfolding, I won't be surprised if a real live Kraken shows up and eats my kayak. I'll be in the Stealth, so he'll have to catch me first.

By Yakety_Yak
I'm glad to hear you finally got out offshore. I turtled three times on Saturday (two going out and once coming back in). I rarely turtle but three times was just unreal, lol. I managed to keep going and made it though finally. I'll have the report up soon.
By Prof. Salt
Yakety_Yak wrote:I'm glad to hear you finally got out offshore. I turtled three times on Saturday (two going out and once coming back in). I rarely turtle but three times was just unreal, lol. I managed to keep going and made it though finally. I'll have the report up soon.

For an "easy" forecast, the surf was not a joke. Big sets were coming in every minute or two, and I caught a couple that were way over my head on the way out. I got through clean, but I was completely soaked. Surfing the Stealth back in made it much less stressful.
By kickingback
Saw your video before you posted this! Well done Glenn!
That is a great title/characterization of BTB official "BTB starter off'er"! That's a great title and you wear it proudly! Now it's gonna get crowded down there the next good tide and winds.
By Jack Trades
Thank you Prof! Only been doing BTB a few seasons now and feel like your apprentice. Looking forward to seeing you on the water again soon now that the kings are back in town.
8" hatch with hobie insert

Didn't know that's what you were looking to do. Th[…]

New to Forum, and Houston Area

Hey Nick! I live in NW houston around the Cypress […]

Kayaking Safety

Where could a new person take a safety kayak class[…]