Surfside Liberty Ship Wreck

TylerC

Surfside Liberty Ship Wreck

Post by TylerC »

Hi All, I will be hitting the liberty ship and reefs off Quintana/Surfside tomorrow. All are welcome to join. Will be launching from Surfside Jetty at 8am.

Tyler
Volkswatson

Re: Surfside Liberty Ship Wreck

Post by Volkswatson »

Post a trip report if you can! I’ve wanted to go out there for awhile!
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

TylerC wrote:Hi All, I will be hitting the liberty ship and reefs off Quintana/Surfside tomorrow. All are welcome to join. Will be launching from Surfside Jetty at 8am.

Tyler

Even if you launch off of Bryan Beach, that wreck is 6.5 miles out. I've done it quite a few times in my kayak and my Hobie TI. When I go in either yak, I have always had a few others with me for the safety factor. I pray you are not going there by yourself.

The last trip I did there in my Outback, I brought a group of six experienced offshore kayak fishermen with me. I know all these guy and trust them well. Be safe and post a report once you get back.
TylerC

Post by TylerC »

Didn’t make it away from work today, postponed to tomorrow. Jetty launch 7am. I will be cheating and bringing my catamaran with 10hp outboard. Happy to give a tow to anyone or meet at the wreck if you prefer to launch from the beach. I’ll have my 65qt yeti with drinks for the day on the cat for anyone who makes it out.