TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By Yakety_Yak
I have at least four to five sites I check before making a trip to the coast. If most of the sites, if not all of them, match up then I will make the trip.
By TarponTime
Where exactly are you talking? Some may be confused. South padre island is 185 miles south from Corpus Christi. Years ago we called the beaches south of Corpus Christi North Padre Island. :D
By Yakety_Yak
I live in West Houston. Anything to do with North or South Padre is way too far and spring time is unpredictable. I would hate to drive down that far to find out the conditions aren't what they were supposed to be.
By impulse
TarponTime wrote:Where exactly are you talking? Some may be confused. South padre island is 185 miles south from Corpus Christi. Years ago we called the beaches south of Corpus Christi North Padre Island.

Strangely, you get to North Padre Island by driving down South Padre Island Drive.

I agree, It's like saying the fishing is great at PINS... You may hit PINS entrance and still be over 2 real hard hours away from the good fishing. And if you don't have a 4x4 (and another one to pull you out when you get stuck in a dune), you may be out of luck. Or not... if the good fishing is next to the paved road.

A little more detail and clarity is always helpful.
By TarponTime
Agree. It is a LONG way to the cut from Port A. Better have rescue gear, ditch bag,rations, fuel etc. And a PLB is a must in my opinion .
Wrist Watch?

Twenty-plus years ago, I was sailing the Caribbean[…]

Keep in mind about marine-band VHF - it's illegal […]

Xmas bay launch

yes u can,i just did friday and fished arcadia ree[…]

Pics