Tactical pants

Volkswatson

Tactical pants

Post by Volkswatson »

Hey all, anyone use those waterproof tactical pants? They look like a good fit for yakers, but I wanted to see if anyone uses them... curious if they breathe enough to avoid the chaff.
Kalait

Re: Tactical pants

Post by Kalait »

Volkswatson wrote:Hey all, anyone use those waterproof tactical pants? They look like a good fit for yakers, but I wanted to see if anyone uses them... curious if they breathe enough to avoid the chaff.
I do have quick-dry pants which are camouflaged patterned, I have had no problems with chaffing for the past at least three years.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I have not. The Magellan pants are working fine for me. When I was wade fishing a lot I would wear a pair of shorts that bicyclists wear under my pants and that helped prevent chafing.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I was a Magellan guy also, but I found a pair of Wrangler Pants (same nylon material as high-quality Magellen's) at a Marshall's for 12 bucks, and they are my favorite fishing pants now. https://www.wrangler.com/shop/mens-perf ... 0FK#hero=1
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

I'm sold on Simms lightweight pants for year-round fishing. They're light enough to wear in the hot sun and dry in minutes when you take out.
In wind or rain, I have the option of adding a rain pants shell, which stays in my dry bag along with my top shell, or my Kokatat dry pants with built in goretex socks to stay totally dry.
While the rain pants are easiest to get in and out, even the dry pants are easy enough to put on and take off while bobbing.
Though the dry pants look like waders, they're much lighter-weight, fit trimmer, breathable, which dries you out even if you put them on wet, and totally comfortable sitting in a boat.
This was below 50 and 18-kt NNW wind (the splash at my feet is a slot red).
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

shoffer wrote:I was a Magellan guy also, but I found a pair of Wrangler Pants (same nylon material as high-quality Magellen's) at a Marshall's for 12 bucks, and they are my favorite fishing pants now. https://www.wrangler.com/shop/mens-perf ... 0FK#hero=1

Wally World carries these too. They had them on clearance for $17 about a month ago and I bought 6 pair. They are awesome! I wear them fishing and working around the house/yard. Great fit and they stretch when you move around. They seem to be pretty well made.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

I am a big fan of Kuhl pants for pretty much everything. They are the most comfortable pants I own and I have several in different styles. The legs are curved at the knee which is great when you have your knees in a slightly bent position for hours.

For fishing, I use these water-resistant pants: https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/travrse-pant/