Mayan Princess Parking???

Jack Trades

Mayan Princess Parking???

Post by Jack Trades »

Good morning plastic armada compadres

Last time I parked against the dunes at MP I got a warning from the city about parking there. I guess things have changed since there is not much beach left anymore.

Where do you guys park now to paddle out to the MP rigs????
Mulligan

Re: Mayan Princess Parking???

Post by Mulligan »

Interesting that you got a warning about that.

Did you park too close to the dunes where you may have been on the dunes?
Did you have beach parking permit?

With limited beach space, if i was to go there i'll be parking right up to the dunes myself.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Interesting. Unless something has changed you should be able to park on the beach as long as you are not in the road, on the edge of the road and have a valid beach permit.
Jack Trades

Post by Jack Trades »

I had the permit, and I have never had any trouble before. I dont think I was “in the dunes” as it was just the edge of where the plow goes and not off the beaten path.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

The pas you buy from any Stripes store should be visible or you get a warning. I got one and my pass was too low to be seen.
Ciguatera

Post by Ciguatera »

I got the same warning once this past year. The tides were high so I pulled up right to the dunes, but not quite IN the dunes. Someone I met there said they'd ticket you if you're up against the dunes so you need to park on the beach side. I wanna say it had something to do with the garbage truck that comes through,but I may just be making that up.