TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By bigfost
They're here! Bull reds have moved in for their fall spawning rites.

Three fishermen caught 25 BRs today, as well as several sharks and 3 bonus bull black drum.
By AyJay
Awesome. Wish I could find a place where people would post when they are going. Living near Austin, I need some lead time and I won’t b2b alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By kickingback
Easy to get out where they always launch. Only go a quarter mile out at the most. Most of the time you are only 400-1000 feet from shore.
There is usually someone fishing there on any given day. Just keep an eye out for the"murder van"! :lol:
By kickingback
I saw it for FOUR HOURS one day out there while on the water work his way up and down the beach like a shark waiting for us to come ashore so he could eat us or whatever he does in that van all day driving back and forth seamlessly doing nothing! :lol:
By bigfost
AyJay wrote:Awesome. Wish I could find a place where people would post when they are going. Living near Austin, I need some lead time and I won’t b2b alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been posting my trips, but all are subject to last minute changes due to changing conditions. I won't go unless the surf is light. Too old to fight it anymore.
By bigfost
mrager2000 wrote:Where is dirty pelican? I need to go soon.

DP is approximately halfway between High Island and Rollover, where the power lines cross from one side of the highway to the other.

BTW, contrary to what was stated in an earlier response, we are catching our fish a lot farther out than 400 feet off the beach - more like 3/4 mile out.
Best Kayak/Fishing Shoes

The problem with the NRS workboots would be fittin[…]

Perception Pescador 12

SOLD

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2019[…]

Many things over the years but among them: - cold […]