Slow 2019 season BTB CC ? What is going on?

Jack Trades

Slow 2019 season BTB CC ? What is going on?

Post by Jack Trades »

Is it just me or has this been a slow season BTB? Seems like last couple summers have been more consistent. This July was my first skunk - not even the sharks would bite! September 2018 had kings out the wazoo .... haven’t seen many fishing reports so far this year. Except for a few Aussie topwater chainsaws.... Why has it been so quiet this year? Last couple times at Billings bait stand, docks were loaded with guides and kings, some really big 60”+, but they came from further offshore. I keep hearing about cooler water closer to shore, But I wasn’t checking temperatures last year to compare. What is going on?
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Slow 2019 season BTB CC ? What is going on?

Post by Ron Mc »

Prof Salt et them all
Bwells

Post by Bwells »

Spots are burnt. Kings and snaps are bordering on extinction. People just aren't posting reports. Others that used to fish don't have time anymore. Take your pick.
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

Have no time for BTB this year for me either.
A. One family member diagnosed with cancer .
B. Three car accidents in the family.

Hope luck will change so I can squeeze a trip in October.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

Ron MC
Listening Prof. Salt he also fills other freezers. :)
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Prof. Salt also obeys all the game laws and limits, and he's also been keeping small fish this year. :D

I don't know what's going on, but the fishing has definitely been slow for most of the season. A few days were really busy, but most of the time I had to work more than usual for every fish. I caught less than half the number of kings this year as in previous years, and several times I noticed cool water offshore. Still, the cooler water temps didn't slow down the fishing other years.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

Prof. Salt wrote:Prof. Salt also obeys all the game laws and limits, and he's also been keeping small fish this year. :D

I don't know what's going on, but the fishing has definitely been slow for most of the season. A few days were really busy, but most of the time I had to work more than usual for every fish. I caught less than half the number of kings this year as in previous years, and several times I noticed cool water offshore. Still, the cooler water temps didn't slow down the fishing other years.
Have to wonder does he stretch and starch before measuring?
Thanks, Provf. Salt for your instruction and encouragement.