TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By Prof. Salt
Alright, alright it's not BTB, but I had a great time this morning presenting a Clouser to a few friends. My little 4 wt wasn't able to handle the strong breeze, so I stuck with the 8 wt all morning to handle the wind. I saw some huge black drum but decided not to mess with them. Maybe I should have...

By Ron Mc
Prof. Salt wrote:Alright, alright it's not BTB, but I had a great time this morning presenting a Clouser to a few friends. My little 4 wt wasn't able to handle the strong breeze, so I stuck with the 8 wt all morning to handle the wind. I saw some huge black drum but decided not to mess with them. Maybe I should have...

all good-sized eating fish there.
The problem with really big black drum is they won't come to hand until they're expired, and while the ride would be great, if you're not anxious to eat them, leave them be.
By Prof. Salt
I agree, and the clock was ticking as we worked to rack up a few fish to send back to Alaska. I worked at collecting the eaters but it was sure cool to watch those big uglies rolling around in such shallow water within striking distance.
Bull Reds in the Marsh | Video

Last week we hit the marsh and came across a schoo[…]

Thoughts on on-the-water eats –

If you are fishing near Palacios, a Bahn Mi from T[…]

West Bay Drum Beat –

Appreciate the report!

Such a beautiful creature! Thanks for taking the t[…]