Re: Mayhem that was Just Right!

Post by kickingback »

15 kings and 2 big snapper! Great day out Glenn! Thanks for sharing!!!! :clap:
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Thanks, I also caught smaller snaps, two gags that were almost legal, five strawberry grouper (four were small) and several types of live bait. It was a great day to be on the water.
Longliner

Post by Longliner »

Didn't even have to pay the shark tax cool vid Prof.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

Great video, what pants do you wear and what is your camera?
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

That pair of pants are Simms G4 that I found on clearance. They're nice and long, which is nice for a guy my height. The cameras are both GoPro Hero 5 Blacks.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Excellent video as always, Glenn. The thing I like most about them is the instructional aspect to them. Reminds me a bit of Jim Sammons, whom I consider to be the vehicle that got me into our little pastime. I have never gone out to kingfish (even though for two years I lived two miles from your usual launch spots there), but if I ever do, I will have a little knowledge thanks to your videos. Well done, sir.
Last edited by shoffer on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

shoffer wrote:Excellent video as always, Glenn. The thing I like most about them is the instructional aspect to them. Reminds me a bit of Jim Sammons, whom I consider to be the vehicle that got me into our little pasttime. I have never gone out to kingfish (even though for two years I lived two miles from your usual launch spots there), but if I ever do, I will have a little knowledge thanks to your videos. Well done, sir.
Shoffer I hear ya. I really like his voice overs because he adds so much more detail that you normally wouldn't get.

Hopefully the guy that asked for coordinates to his undisclosed location learns that's not something you should do.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Finatic thanks for the kind words, and I tried to respond to him politely (although at first I thought he was joking). I've spent years paddling hundreds of miles over empty water to discover new spots. Although the structure in that video is known to some, it's still a relatively undisturbed area that is worth protecting. For kingfish every structure can be great, but those places that also hold snapper and grouper are rare indeed and I'm just not selfless enough to toss them out for public use. Structures are small and once word of their locations got out they would be fished out very quickly. I try to share and instruct as best I can but locations of subsurface structures just aren't on the menu.

I assume he just didn't know what went into finding spots like that.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Lots of folks either don't know what it takes to locate something like what you have found or would rather take the easy road.

I replied to his comment this morning. Hopefully he has learned.

Tight lines! Jerry
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

Always enjoy your videos Prof! They inspired me to get out there and try it several years ago.

Thanks for all the info!