Looking for a McFaddin Beach report

ClovisMan
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Looking for a McFaddin Beach report

Post by ClovisMan »

Hello, I haven't been to McFaddin since I moved away to New Braunfels in 2011. Can I still drive down the beach where the HWY washes out? Have the Bulls shown up yet? I have a rare weekend where I don't have to work or Uber kids around and would like to take advantage. Thanks!
Mulligan

Re: Looking for a McFaddin Beach report

Post by Mulligan »

We were just there this past Sunday. Beach is very thick with sargassum but driveable. We drove up from Sea Rim State park side. Not sure when it happened but all the asphalt road that used to be along the beach has been washed out and chunks of it are on the beach. I know this has been like that at least 4+ yrs ago. Just be careful when driving along the beach. There are also many wooden posts that are broken off but still protrude from the ground and is covered and hidden by the sargassum. Stay where you can see the sand.

We didn't catch any BR but we weren't fishing for them either. But there were lot of bait activity.
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Looking for a McFaddin Beach report

Post by Wolfman57 »

May/April we had a good trip for bulls

Last report from last week was slow! Few fish caught. It’s been like 6 weeks of choppy wind blown surf though.

WM