New to any BTB, will be in Crystal Beach April 20 and 21 would love company and teaching

mheiting

New to any BTB, will be in Crystal Beach April 20 and 21 would love company and teaching

Post by mheiting »

Totally new to any BTB and wanting to go just past the breakers and see what lurks there. Be in Crystal Beach April 20 and 21.
Would like to not be out there by myself and would love company and some teaching
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: New to any BTB, will be in Crystal Beach April 20 and 21 would love company and teaching

Post by bigfost »

Those few of us who fish the upper coast are always looking for new partners, but it's difficult to commit to a trip more than a day or two out because of uncertainty about the conditions. If I hear about a trip for your dates, I'll let you know.
Volkswatson

Re: New to any BTB, will be in Crystal Beach April 20 and 21 would love company and teaching

Post by Volkswatson »

I'll be in the Freeport/Surfside area the week of May 10th if you are around then!
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Also, since you are new to BTB, check out the thread at the very top of the BTB forum. This outing was put together for new people going out. If you have any questions on that, hit me up on here or call me. My cell is listed in the thread. If the conditions are right, I would be out there with ya come April 20th/21st but my wife is going through surgery again this upcoming Monday so I will be out of pocket during that time more than likely. Good luck with your Crystal Beach trip and hit me up on the other outing I told you about if you have any questions. Tight lines!!
mheiting

Post by mheiting »

Thanks for the replies. I am looking to go maybe a hundred yards off the beach. Is that too far to g alone?
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

mheiting wrote:Thanks for the replies. I am looking to go maybe a hundred yards off the beach. Is that too far to g alone?
Since you are new to BTB, I would not recommend going offshore alone. BTB is an entirely different kind of fishing and there are much more unforeseen contingencies.