Loading the Hobie AI/TI with Drill Powered Winch

Yakety_Yak

Loading the Hobie AI/TI with Drill Powered Winch

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Okay folks, I have another video posted. I've been WAY behind on getting videos out. I keep telling myself I can either publish a video or go fishing. Well, that's easy, lol. Go Fishing!! With the bad weather in place and the holidays are here, I am finding more time to figure out my new editing video software. Thanks to a friend, Geoff, he came over and helped me to understand my new software. Much appreciated, Geoff!!

In the link below, I am showing how to load a Hobie TI but this works for any kind of yak. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach me by phone, comment on TKF, or even on my YouTube video page. I will be publishing more videos so stay turned. Oh, btw..... please subscribe if you like the video and want to see more soon. I'm going to be posting some older videos as well as newer ones but a fishing video is a fishing video and there is always something to learn from them. Also, another big thanks to James Francis to giving me the idea on the drill powered winch. Without that idea, I would have never thought of making a ramping system. Tight lines!!

Fishtolive

Re: Loading the Hobie AI/TI with Drill Powered Winch

Post by Fishtolive »

Amazing. That is a cool idea. Wonder if it can cause any stress to where the strap connected to the kayak that can potentially damage to the kayak over time?
But I like new idea to ease the unloading and loading the heavy kayak to save our back.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Fishtolive wrote:Amazing. That is a cool idea. Wonder if it can cause any stress to where the strap connected to the kayak that can potentially damage to the kayak over time?
But I like new idea to ease the unloading and loading the heavy kayak to save our back.
Only time will tell if it will cause stress. I will keep you posted down the line.
Last edited by Yakety_Yak on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

no more stress than lifting our boats at either end by carry handle.
I can see it scratching the hull from whatever sand you're bringing along, and you could eliminate that will rollers on the permanent top bars.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Ron Mc wrote:you could eliminate that will rollers on the permanent top bars.

The thought had occurred to me on adding rollers to the top.